Travel Thread

Lol “Ill service animal”? Don’t the yanks just take their pets everywhere and claim they’re service animals? Someone’s pet obviously just shat it brains out and the feral owner was too much of a lazy ■■■■ to clean it up.

1 Like

There are two “types” of animals that many US airlines allow on board.
A service animal is one such as a guide dog which I don’t have an issue with.
The other type is what’s known as an “emotional support animal”. People can get letters from their doctors or psychologist that allows them to take pets on board, some like Delta are quite lax on their laws and allow pets onboard without much paperwork. I’m not fine with that and there are hundreds of reports per year of animals urinating or pooping on board and even some dogs attacking other passengers. I have blackbanned these airlines as I can’t stand pets and I would go bezerk if I boarded a plane and had an animal in close proximity

3 Likes

I was on a flight from Rio to NYC ( 10 hours), a passenger in next row had a small dog, no carrier.
I was less concerned about the hens in pens in the overhead lockers on an Aeroflot trip across Siberia.

Two weeks till two months in Japan!

3 Likes

Sitting here in my accommodation in Dobutsuen-mae, Osaka listening to the strains of a thousand cats being strangled to death (i.e. karaoke).
It may be a local custom and fun to try and all, but fark it’s horrendous to listen to. Especially when you’re ttying to settle a 5 year-old.

Thank fark it stops at about 10.30. Well, it did last night anyway… tonight we’ll see.

Travel tip in Japan - pack your earplugs! Double-glazing seems to be non-existent and walls are often paper-thin. Oh, and make sure your accommodation doesn’t sit above a strip of karaoke bars…

1 Like

Oh no! There’s a really interesting red light strip nearby there, with a really old building that was once a brothel but now is an upscale izakaya, and a street filled with pretty young things on display in shopfronts with their pimp mummas sitting alongside.

I’m doing some light packing. Deciding which membership scarf to take…

Should be a poll.

This whole area just seems to be a never-ending labyrinth of covered malls with izakaya after izakaya. With the odd shiny pokies-hall thrown for good measure.
It seems seedy on first impression but it’s actually quite harmless. Not sure I’d want to venture too far off the beaten track though…

Yeah the Shinsekai area there is quite interesting and feels slightly edgy, but it’s all relatively safe, just a bit downtrodden in parts. Has some character to it.

■■■■■■■

1 Like

Can you recommend a really good burger place?

Go to Asahikawa.

(OK, maybe it was just a contrasting thing after 10 days of eating local.)

They do variety though!

http://www.freshnessburger.co.jp/menu/burger.html

Ha, from said site:

I feel so inadequate.

Maybe check the post I was replying to. I’m a bit far from Asahikawa

1 Like

Well, I’ve seen a video, which I assume is true, of someone on a plane with a llama ffs. Only in America

2 Likes

Booked Singapore (with a side trip to Legoland on Malaysia) today for May next uear. Will have a 4yo and an 11 month old. We’re probably insane.

5 Likes

Legoland is for Buggy, isn’t it?

2 Likes

probably. But still important that you go.

:wink:

Almost exclusively.

You just want to play with the boys!