Travel Thread

:grin:

I travelled from Melbourne to Malta wgen the kids were 3.5 years old and 18 months old. The older one loved it and was no problem. The little one breastfed what felt like the entire way. Exhausting!

Weā€™ve decided that longer trips are out until theyā€™re a bit older. We went to Thailand and Japan when the eldest was 11months but we had family with us as well. This oneā€™s just 2 on 2. I think the 4yo will be more difficult but I can use breastfeeding as an excuse for buggy to deal with herā€¦

1 Like

Places worth going to with kids in Singapore are the Zoo, Gardens by the Bay and Science Centre.

2 Likes

I think Buggy is a little too old for that in publicā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of doing a stopover there next August. Our kids will be 7, 2, 2. Iā€™d love to hear any tips you pick up whilst planning!

For kids Singapore zoo is a must. One of the best zoos there is and plenty to keep the kids and adults busy. I still go there now when we visit, always something new there.

1 Like

12 Likes

Brilliant. Welcome to Japan.

2 Likes

If only Singapore wasnā€™t so fkn humid!! I liked it a lot and would consider going back purely on the basis of its sights and the chance to see more, but manā€¦ that humidity!!! Horrible during the day, and then a storm/shower most nights just to top it up again for the next day.

I can do dry heat. Donā€™t like it, but can take it. Humidity wrecks me though, and Singaporeā€™s is like nothing Iā€™ve previously encountered.

1 Like

From my boat on HaLong bay

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a very big boat.

Is the poop deck what I think it is?

Only when reading training reports and finding out there is an injury.

As for me, finished with Izu peninsula and currently in Nagoya.

Weather has been absolutely awesome since arriving a week ago.

2 Likes

Only about 30 cabins, a piano bar, restaurant, spa and sun deck.

Is it, in fact - yours?

In the same way it is my seat at the G, only for a fleeting moment.

Not at duty free. itā€™s a rip off nearly every where I have been lately.

so if its before the airport remember you have to check in in your luggage.(liquid restrictions for carry on)

personally I dont bother. I pay the excess here and instead spend more of my overseas vacation enjoying myself.

1 Like

Buy your quota when you arrive back in Oz. 20% cheaper than Dan Murphys for Wild Turkey 1 litre as an example

1 Like

View from balcony this morning in Hue. Raining but nice and warm

2 Likes