Travel Thread

It certainly does! Even the most suburban, unlikely looking places whip up a culinary storm. Had some fantastic, memorable meals there.

The missus even went as far as declaring an inexpensive chicken dish in some anonymous place as the best chicken she’d tasted. That’s high praise indeed since she is absolutely fastidious about her chicken…

The sooner Osaka bans smoking in restaurants the better though…

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s still Japan wide, the smoking. The government tried to introduce a law before the Olympics, but the all-powerful tobacco industry said fark you, that’s not gonna happen and they pulled back. It ■■■■■ me no end.

2 Likes

I’m posting on twitter cause it’s easier than shrinking photos that blitz will accept.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Great shots! I’ve never been at night.

1 Like

That shot is insanely good. What camera are ya rocking? Needs to be blown up & framed. Epic, dude.

1 Like

Panasonic FZ1000

Cheers.

I’ve seen that shot a thousand or more times, but I honestly reckon that is one of the best shots I have ever seen. You nailed it. Perfect light. Incredible. Competition winning shot.

Bravo.

5 Likes

Fck. I can’t stop looking at it. Ridiculously good.

1 Like

I’m posting in between refills at the buffet dinner. Five different types of oysters being served.

I’ve done the onsen before dinner and the free sake is making me quite happy.

4 Likes

Should post this one from Osaka too.

1 Like

Ha. Brilliant. Superlative food & Japanese ‘omotenashi’ hospitality on full display.

BTW, I will PM you shortly, as I wanna get that pic file & will blow it up to poster size & frame it. It is awesome.

Pm me when I get home and I’ll send you the raw file.

Another month away.

1 Like

Shutter speed?

Sweet Caroline.

And, again, I offer you & your crew ‘free’ accommodation at my pad in the Kamakura hills. Train line nearby to both Haneda & Narita airports.

40 seconds with a ND8 filter. F8, 125 iso.

I think…

I need a pc to sort through them all!

1 Like

I’ll come by for a day trip!

1 Like
3 Likes

I didn’t know Fletcher liked oysters. :wink:

2 Likes

Currently at 11143 metres above Australia doing about 1045 Kph , home soon, I was getting a bit run down after three weeks in Asia, Mrs Fox is still looking OK,

2 Likes