Travel Thread

Did you say hello to Gumby?

1 Like

Too tired, I am a bit run down, Mrs Fox is helping me rehydrate.

6 Likes

Take it you got home safely and in time?
Was going through our schedules at work last night and it was expected that atleast a dozen international flights into Sydney were diverted due to weather and stacks of cancellations for domestic flights from Sydney and Melbourne

Actually a bit early, and it took less than 20 minutes to get off plane, buy our quota of Turkey, through Immigration, get bags and then Customs. Some sort of record for us.

Actually when we flew SilkAir from Da Nang to Singapore on Monday, our flight left 30 minutes early !!!

We got to Singapore at 3 pm, scheduled for 4 pm, it was a weird experience.

On holiday in Hua Hin Thailand. Went sight seeing to a temple and got bit by a snake a few hours ago. Not sure what snake, they’ve nailed it down to two.
One venomous, one not. Currently being monitored in icu to decide if l need any anti venom. Feeling ok at the moment, but bored. Be safe on your travels people, things happen unexpectedly.

13 Likes

S h i t! Stay well…

2 Likes

Trust the snake isn’t venomous, Winderland. As an ophidiophobic, you are much braver than me. I’d have passed out. Take care.

How’s the snake? Is he ok?

2 Likes

■■■■) thing to happen to you on your holiday.

All the best @Winderland.

They’ve just given me some anti-venom, although l’m still feeling fine. I did almost pass out, but that was when about 10 people surrounded me all asking me questions. Couldn’t see for about 6 seconds but then felt fine once in the ambulance. So l assum ed rhat was a panic attack. Was freaky though.
The snake was last seen slithering down a drain so he’s fine.

10 Likes

Good luck - hope you’ve got travel insurance. The fact you are able to get on Blitz has to be a good sign. Have you tried talking parseltongue? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FFS. That’s hectic. Happy to read that you are fine. Was it a viper? Once again, rest up. Crazy story for the grandkids.

And nice HP mention there, @JBOMBER

Won’t somebody think of the snakelets?!

Yes l have travel insurance.

3 Likes

I’m in Tasmania for the first time. How good is it!

In Hobart for a few days then travelling up the east coast to Launceston to fly back to Melbourne. Heading off to Port Arthur today.

6 Likes

Hope you’re feeling much better & can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

1 Like

Hobart is a beautiful little city, and you will enjoy Port Arthur, it’s a pretty special place.

And if you go up the east coast, and go through St Helens, make sure you go to The Shop in the Bush.

1 Like

Have been given the all clear to be discharged, once my insurance company approves. Might need someone to call herald sun to do story on insurance refusing to pay. Geez if your not covered being bitten by a snake in a crowded tourist attraction these policies are scams.

7 Likes

Herald Sun would just run with “Essendon supporter injected with unknown substance in unregistered facility in Thailand”

18 Likes

Whilst Privately ssssssseething

3 Likes