Travel Thread

I hate corriander. Does that rule out Vietnam?

Nope. Not all Vietnamese food has this disgusting green weed.

In most places we went, as I hate the stuff, telling the restaurant to remove it was always obliged.

Vietnam is a must place to visit.

1 Like

You’re alright, BF.

Absolutely not. Many dishes don’t have it and if it does you can ask for it to be removed. I love the taste of it so no problems for me but know many people who despise the stuff.
My old man is probably the fussiest eater I know and he had no problems eating over there

1 Like

Per popular demand I was going to throw boomerangs at the Olympics, but there was a guard watching and it’s too soon for me to get thrown out of the archaeological site.

I am in Perth today.

Did flights and hotels on points. Qantas screwed up the booking so I got an upgrade at Crown in Burswood. Once I could have had a party, but I am just an old bloke in a big room.

Nice view of the WACA tonight

7 Likes

My workplace view for the next few Days in Perth

2 Likes

Are you boasting? :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the PC way to express that is ‘sharing’.

No, just bored.

Maybe pokies machines instead of breakfast.

If you’re planning Salzburg, the cable car up Untersberg is stunning.

2 Likes

Halfway through my 3 month hiking holiday in Spain. And all I can say it’s much better than being at work in Ballarat.

11 Likes

Free alcohol for 4hrs sitting at a rooftop bar in Bangkok sure beats working

5 Likes

That bad?

Nah mate, pretty good actually

13 Likes

Just got back from India
Incredible place
Big mistake I made was not taking my Bombers scarf & getting a photo @ Taj Mahal
All photos now in this forum must contain Bombers gear, those pictures @ the bar would look great with a scarf hanging over the edge :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Which camino are you walking? Looks like the del Norte.

For those that don’t mind sitting middle seat in Economy you could be in luck. Your ticket goes into a weekly draw to win dozens of prizes such as Platinum membership s, frequent flyer points and even a Virgin cruise from the US with return PE seats.
To kick off the promo every single person in the middle seat on VA219 MEL-ADL were given a cruise valued at nearly $6k

Your hiking over 3 days in just some what Teva sandals?

That’s pretty impressive.

That’s such a nice thing to do. Someone has to take the middle seat.

Well done Virgin.