Tribunal/MRO 2023 & 2024 - Choose your own adventure continues

Ridiculous that it was even looked at.

efa

4 Likes

Remind me how many Ridley copped for headbutting his fist?

2 Likes

The MRO has made a couple of howlers over the past few years. They’re becoming more and more irrelevant

It was Hipwood’s elbow, and Ridley missed about 6 quarters of footy (and imo hasn’t been the same player since.)

3 Likes

They finally got something right

We’ve been 4-d chased . AFL took note of the JVR outcry, but thought they’d look stupid if he then got off.

Used the Rioli charge to reset the levels and then when JVR gets off everyone thinks, sure if Rioli was 2 weeks this is clearly the right decision.

Hint: that was a week every day for the last 20 years (any attempt to spoil that hits someone in the head), and Rioli was 4 weeks of they actually enforced their own rules.

5 Likes

Umm, it can’t be “permitted incidental contact” with the head right…I mean that would lead to a free against, which kind of implies it’s not “permitted”

3 Likes

Be careful Frosty, you are on a slippery slope to realising this is all a farce.

9 Likes

Oh I’m already well down there. Stage managed garbage.

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder how 18.5 gets interpreted in the light of 18.3:

18.3 PROHIBITED CONTACT

18.3.1 Spirit and Intention
A Player who makes the football their sole objective shall be provided every opportunity
to do so.

18.3.2 Free Kicks - Prohibited Contact
A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player when that Player makes any of the
following Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player:

(c) makes high contact to an opposition Player (including the top of the shoulders)
with any part of their body;

18.3.3 Permitted Contact
A Player may use their… arms… provided … the Player does not make Prohibited Contact as per Law 18.3.2 above

3 Likes

Lawyers. Argue the wording of some point of law, ignoring the context of everything around it. Charge a large fee.

1 Like

Thank goodness Van Rooyen got off.

1 Like

Disgrace that it was cited, let alone forced to appeal against two weeks.

The tribunal has again, as it does every year, tied itself all up in knots.
It doesn’t know what it stands for.

Needs to be disbanded.
The tribunal has become not good for footy.

3 Likes

Waits for inevitable Essendon player doing the same and decision being upheld. One extra week for appealing.

6 Likes

That might be the only way to destroy the system… if it’s TIPPA.

1 Like

Of course it was- he ran in with no eyes on the ball and collected him with a round arm.

Haha. yeah I can just imagine the muppet gallery in here if that ever happens.

“It’A a ColLiNgWoOd cOnsPirAcy tHat ChRisTiaN gAvE hIm 8 WeEks FoR tHaT rI0Li kO. He wILL mIss RouND 24 !1”

Unfortunately there is no conspiracy, the AFL happens to employ a large proportion of ■■■■■■■■ who are incompetent.

3 Likes