Triple J Hottest 100 2015

If stairway to heaven wins I will continue to question the integrity of this competition.
Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart will give it a good run for its money.

Bags Mercy Seat for top ten.

The difficulty in picking the winner is separating personal taste from actual popularity.

For instance, I know some Chet Faker song will be top five, despite my view of it being dreary toss.

Chet Faker’s new collaboration with Marcus Marr ( The Trouble With Us ) is far from dreary and most likely will end up in the top five, as its been released just at the right time, about a month before voting starts so that it’s fresh in the minds of likely voters.

A similar strategy won it for him last year when he released his album in the second half of the year and a number of tracks off it were played to saturation point leading into the beginning of voting.

Not saying the timing of the release of the album was a deliberate ploy to win the Hottest 100 but it certainly helped him become more noticeable, not just on the J’s but commercially too in mainstream media.

I like Illy’s ‘Swear Jar’. I like to imagine James Hird singing it to the board/journalists on his last day.

OK, think that this will be it, but likely to change if I see something in the final list that the J’s put up that I had forgotten about…

Jarryd James - Do You Remember
Leikeli47 – Heard Em Say
Ratatat - Cream On Chrome
Major Lazer - Powerful
Django Django - First Light
Purity Ring - Heartsigh
Ngaiire - Once
Hermitude - Ukiyo
L-Fresh The Lion - Get Mine
Meg Mac - Never Be

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

Nah, that was the old way of voting. Nowadays you can just do it on the interwebs!! :wink:

Voted this morning

Your Hottest 100 votes:

Bennies, The - Party Machine
Boy & Bear - Walk The Wire
Mumford & Sons - The Wolf
San Cisco - Too Much Time Together
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimpin
Florence And The Machine - Ship To Wreck
Chemical Brothers, The - Go {Ft. Q-Tip}
Asta - Dynamite {Ft. Allday}
Urthboy - Long Loud Hours {Ft. Bertie Blackman}

I actually didn’t buy too many new albums this year. Just voted for my favourites.

Father John Misty
Vince Staples
Drake

Was disappointed with the new Kendrick. King Kunta is overrated IMO.

Also like the new Brandon Flowers and Big Talk, but they weren’t on there so I didn’t waste my time.

Drake is played on JJJ?
My wordy lordy.

I don’t listen to JJJ, but I thought Courtney Barnett won everything these days.

I would’ve thought Courtney and at least 1 of the 900 songs KG&TLW put out this year would be contending. But I’m like you, I’ve flat out given up and the lists posted above may as well be made up.

Drake is played on JJJ? My wordy lordy.

Watch Hotline Bling go top 5 (no I didn’t vote for it)

I’m sure it will go close, if it’s in.
A 3 minute intro won last year or the year before, I kept waiting for it to kick in - so not actually being a song doesn’t seem much of an impediment.

I’m sure it will go close, if it’s in.
A 3 minute intro won last year or the year before, I kept waiting for it to kick in - so not actually being a song doesn’t seem much of an impediment.

Huh? What? Which one was the 3 min intro?

2014 - Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap
2013 - Riptide - Vance Joy
2012 - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop
2011 - Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
2010 - Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane

Or should I go back further?

Chet Faker.

It’s like one of those lounge remixes of top40 stuff that you get on hold music, so they don’t have to pay royalties.

Chet Faker.

It’s like one of those lounge remixes of top40 stuff that you get on hold music, so they don’t have to pay royalties.

Ha! OK, now I understand what you mean.

I’m about as qualified to comment on this as I am the efficacy of that sloth stoner ad. Do double J have a top 100?

Don’t understand the appeal of Drake firstly and secondly his song Hot Line Bling.

It is embarrassing and is up there with the Black Eye Peas rubbish from the past.

2015 was a bad year for music.

I'm about as qualified to comment on this as I am the efficacy of that sloth stoner ad. Do double J have a top 100?

As voted for by the Aussie youth’s since 1993. I remember it well having come just come back from OS with the army and the number one song for that year was ■■■■■■■.

Edit - OK, the number one song was by Dennis Leary and was called a-hole.

Don't understand the appeal of Drake firstly and secondly his song Hot Line Bling.

It is embarrassing and is up there with the Black Eye Peas rubbish from the past.

2015 was a bad year for music.

I don’t actually mind it, for what it is.
I’m surprised it’s on JJJ, is all.