Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

Just reminded me of joking with him about this last night, he’s a fkn crack up and a great sense of humour,…

I can’t quite recall exactly how it all went, but somewhere along the line he agreed that if he’d wear a mouth guard he won’t leave any forensics behind next time…

“NEXT time ???”

3 Likes

The bounce after a few steps actually sets up his run with the ball, gets him prepared for the next 3 or 4 bounces.

It also means that he can’t actually make a quick disposal of the ball for another 4-5 steps, so quite likely will miss the first option that makes itself available as he is committed to bouncing the ball, retrieving the ball, and then making a decision on what happens next. You don’t bounce the ball in those first few steps as that is when you should be looking for the best available option. You only bounce the ball if running and bouncing IS the best available option.

I understand he is still developing his game awareness and he has certainly come a long way since he first got here, but it is something he needs to learn.

2 Likes

Agree with you George, . it would be good if they can work on getting him to break the auto bounce habit.

#22 was an absolute disgrace today

Sick of the blatant bias against us

10 Likes

We played so poorly today that I cant even be ■■■■■■ complaining about the umpires

4 Likes

Once we warmed ourselves up on BB, we need to email the club and tell them what we think.

Dont bother.

When I was on hold the recording said to keep waiting because emails can take up to 5 days to be acknowledged.

when you’re on hold like that just start swearing up a ■■■■ storm. apparently something happens…

I didn’t have the benefits of (many) replays but that seemed to be the Worst. Umpiring. Ever. when it came to adjudicating marks (distance, man in front, actually catching it, being touched, pushes and shepherds, hacking, front-on contact)…

1 Like

My best 3 today were

1. In the back free against Mutch after tackling a Melbourne player (don’t know and don’t care who it was) who had just thrown the ball after having had prior opportunity to dispose of it.
  2. Tippa on the ground with his hands on the football (not, repeat NOT having slid in), gets a free against him for taking the legs of a Melbourne player who literally ran over his arms.
  3. Luenberger penalised for not looking at the ball in a marking contest, when he didn’t make contact of any sort with Gawn, (resulting in a goal from the free).

Honourable mention to the 50m penalty (resurrected after being rightly put to rest after rd1) against Ambrose for not disappearing instantaneously from the face of the earth when caught in the exclusion zone. For God’s sake, use some common sense in allowing the player an opportunity to get out of the area.

7 Likes

The maggots are great at cheating, not so great in concealing that that is what they are doing.

But I think they don’t care any more. They just do it because there never are any repercussions.

4 Likes

Is it legal to shepherd/block the man manning the mark?

Neal-bullen shepherd one of our guys who was standing the mark on one the Gawn goals. Gawn has feee reign to run around snap his goal with little pressure.

I thought they banned that after the Hawks made it a trademark

tippa not paid for a dropping the ball tackle was pretty impressive

What about the “lets randonly call play on against Baguley after 3 seconds” decison. wtf was that.

There was a holding the ball decison not paid against Jones I think where he took on 2 tacklers, got pinned and threw it one handed.

6 Likes

Remember when Alan Bond used the “I don’t remember” defence?
Umpires just say “I didn’t see it”

Player says “I know I can cheat on the wing side of play”.

But yeah, plenty involve the ump with perfect vision and just denying the spirit and/or word of the game because they’ve been told to do so.

1 Like

Worst was neither of two umpires with a clear view not paying ball against Jones when Tippa got him early in the last.

Didn’t tippa get first hand on the footy and man in front for a mark.

One umpire called it a ball up, which was probably fair, the other one came in and paid a mark to Melb.

3 Likes

Never seen anything quite like it. Nathan Williamson is his name. He’s either terribly incapable or had 1k on the Dee’s. ■■■■■■■ cheat.

I get we’re ■■■■. He made certain that even when we were playing all over them in the first half, we didn’t inflict too much damage.

3 Likes