Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

It’s not the frees they pay.

That Mckernan mark OMFG!!!

1 Like

They blatantly barracked for West Coast after the first quarter.

Farking cheats.

Joel Creasey isn’t it?

1 Like

Despite the umpiring we won. Big congrats to the coaches and staff and the players. Great work everyone.

And; we won because we killed them in the first half. The surprise on people’s faces was worth it, they were really very shocked and p1ssed. WOB hope you are celebrating this one was for all the WA Bomber’s people.

2 Likes

Which they then later pay him the same mark when he’s in the back half. The EXACT same mark.

Not as if having 4 umpires means they don’t miss these ones.

Another of my favourites last night.

Ball bounced in the centre, I think by the umpire who’s always got the hair perfectly combed. Ball goes 2 metres our side. Belly goes up to tap. Pinged for blocking.

Ruck frees should be obvious. Blocking should be if a guy makes a genuine effort to stop the other guy getting it, not because he doesn’t make a deliberate effort to let the other guy get it.

And get rid of those stupid incidental contact in the ruck. It’s obvious when one guy is trying to break the rules.

As it is, no-one usually has any idea who’s getting the free.

5 Likes

To be fair, it had been 1 minute since West Coast’s last free kick, so they were due.

6 Likes

Four umps and none could see Smack’s mark. Geez.

1 Like

Yup called Belly for a straight arm block, Probably up there with one of the stupidest rules ever invented

Surely the morons can tell when someone is blocking and when someone is protecting themselves.

I simply cant understand how dumb these umpires are

A couple of shocking blocking calls in Adelaide last night. One cost Melksham a goal and 50 metres. If you take the correct position, and the other guy tries to take it from you, the rule expects you to just give it to him. That’s BS.

3 Likes

I could almost add Dean Margetts to this thread too.

The egg head is umpiring us again this week. Thank god it’s not against a WA team though.

I’ll never forget that time we played Port at Etihad, and Margetts was umpiring us, he was having a shocker and really not umpiring us in a fair way. He copped the loudest chorus of boo’s I’ve ever heard at Etihad whenever he was bouncing the ball.

It was brilliant.

Well that seemed to work cos he umpires us much more fairly now…

My memory of that game is that it was Nicholls not Margetts. Lloyd and Lucas were playing.

1 Like

It was Nichols. It was a Sunday 4:40 match.

Margetts actually gives us a half decent run when we aren’t playing west Coke. Having said that he will ruin us on Sunday

I laughed at Devon Smith’s 50 against WC:

• Give the ball to the wrong person: 50 metre penalty
  • Drop the ball where it is: 50 metre penalty
  • Ask the umpire who he should give the ball to, get no response: took too long to give it back to him, 50 metre penalty.
9 Likes

Given what they were getting free kicks for, it is understandable that Dev had no idea who had won the free kick.

8 Likes

dumb question here…

IF the boundary umpire was in better view of the McKernan dropped mark and each of the field umpires couldnt see it from their view (basically what happened) could the boundary umpire call it a mark and overrule the field umpire??

No.