Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

Interesting. Get the feeling margetts does that with all our opponents

It would be interesting to know if any umpire has ever messaged any Essendon player to apologise… I think we all know the answer to that!
In any case, I think it is wrong that they are texting players… the should be a clear delineation between them… there is a process clubs can go through to discuss any issues they have with umpiring decisions… this stuff needs to be transparent.

3 Likes

How did the umpire get the player’s number in the first place?

1 Like

Good question…

I don’t want an apology call, I want whoever the umpire was that missed that throw by Shaw to be sat out for several weeks

1 Like

Any numpty that blames last week’s loss of these two is a farkwit

Who’s blaming them. Didn’t change the fact that some gross incompetence was on display.

5 Likes

Well, … ummm, … isn’t a numpty a farkwit straight up by definition anyway, .??? :thinking:

I think the Blitzword you’re looking for is “deluded” :smirk:

do you not see the irony?

2 Likes

This is the sort of bullshit line the AFL run with when anyone criticises rule changes: hey! don’t blame the umpires! And thus completely missing the point. We’re not blaming the umpires, we’re blaming you ■■■■■ for ■■■■■■■ around with the rules every week.

In this case, the umpires didn’t lose us the game, and no one has said they did, but their performance wasn’t much better than ours. Whose fault that ultimately is, remains up for question - or not so much. The EFC are an inconsistent rabble who cop it when they don’t perform or even make sense. The AFL answer to no one and hide behind rhetoric and treating supporters like idiots. Can’t question anything or you’re just a bitter, partisan supporter with no idea.

What is the AFL’s answer? Don’t criticise the umpiring dude! They didn’t lose you the game. We weren’t saying that you idiots, and you know it.

2 Likes

The umps must have received one hell of an inspiring speech at three quarter time: after being largely irrelevant up to that point, they came out hot and dominated the game from there onwards.

Worsfold should take tips.

4 Likes

Probably from the AFL.

■■■■■■■ mongrels
go choke on one

1 Like

Sack them.

appalling

thoughts and prayers with Albert

today was a day of poor umpiring

Was it these two ■■■■■?

I make a point of never blaming umpires.

Today I blame umpires.

They straight up cost us the game.

9 Likes

Same I try to tell my kids they are human and can make mistakes . But today I think they flat out cheated .