Truck slams into crowd at Bastille Day Celebrations- Terror attack likely

Um, has it even been confirmed this was a religious-based terror attack?

No. No one has claimed responsibility as yet. Don’t let that stop anyone tarring a whole religion with the brush of a few extremists though.

Surprised we haven’t heard the shrill from Ol’ Redneck herself yet …

It’s weird how news outlets are so obsessed with finding a label. I was watching CNN this morning (I know, but it’s all I get in English on my basic cable here) and they had a whole thing about whether or not they are calling this a “terrorist” attack. The semantics they got into were nauseating. “Well, we don’t know if it was ISIS behind this, but surely this would seem to be a terrorist attack.” “Well, it’s an attack on innocent people, but can it be called terrorism?” And on it went.

We want to fit these things into neat little categories so our simple minds can comprehend them and we can move on, compile our statistics and opinions on certain undesirables in society, give politicians buzzwords to trumpet.

Its because of the response allowed. The rules of engagement.
Have you been reading about the coroners inquest into the Lindt cafe siege? It provides an illuminating aspect to response.
The response was by the NSW police because they didn’t invite the army in. It was at that stage a siege and not a terrorist event. Apart from the fact they didn’t have the correct equipment, their mobile van broke down a few years ago and wasnt replaced etc, they had bullets that weren’t designed for indoor use and were far more likely to splinter (which is what they did killing Katrina Dawson). The army would have had the correct ammunition. (not a competition BTW)
The army could have stormed the place and shot the guy. The NSW police cant just shoot someone even if they are holding someone hostage. They have to negotiate until someone’s life is in danger.
So while it seems like semantics to u,s the classification actually has a purpose and a meaning and a level of response associated.

I get that for a hostage situation and response.

These were people in a studio after the fact, eager to label something they didn’t yet have clear facts on. Probably so they can decide which experts to get in before the other networks, but a deadly attack in a truck is a deadly attack in a truck, so they need to get the story to the public first, worry about labels when the facts come out.

Anyway, nothing really to discuss, just thinking out loud.

In Australia, if an act is deemed to be a terrorist action or potential terrorist action - before or after the act - agencies acquire additional powers, including I think enhanced intelligence sharing and arrest powers. The same may be the case in France, possibly allowing the President to extend the emergency period and to override standard arresting powers. Hence the use of the term " terrorism" by the authorities.

When deranged people are happy to give up their lives to kill innocent people you love, for no sane reason you can understand, and when you realise that this is not a fight-to-the-last-man, mano-a-mano scenario where the closing credits have you coming out on top - because that’s the way it’s supposed to be, it might be time to divert the trillions of dollars spent on bloodshed towards a solution that doesn’t involve more slaughter.

Is that a rhetorical question?

No

Yes, well I can just imagine the outrage that is going to be expressed in all of the below publications.

Aaila Magazine
Muslim family magazine.

AlJumuah
Islamic monthly Magazine. The purpose of the magazine is to satisfy a longstanding need to learn about Islam by non-Arabic speaking Muslims around the world.

Al Islam
The official website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

Al-Khilafa
Daily news and comment from the site affiliated with Hizb ut-Tahrir Islamic Party.

Al-Tawhid
Journal of Islamic thought and culture.

American Muslim 360
Writen news and radio channel about Islam and being Muslim in America.

Azizah
Magazine “that reflects the experiences and perspectives of Muslim women living in North American society”.

Crescent
International news magazine of the Islamic movement that is affiliated with the Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought.

Daily Muslims
Muslim America’s first daily newspaper online.

Emel
Magazine focuses on lifestyle from a Muslim perspective, covering everything from news and views, fashion to finance, food to gardens, education to health and a whole section dedicated to the real life stories of day to day Muslims.

Euro-Islam.info
Website “intends to provide continuous information and analysis on the most important cultural and religious change that Western Europe is experiencing”.

Global Islamic Finance Magazine
Daily Islamic finance news, articlesa and interviews.

hajjGuides.com
Islamic news paper and guide on how to perform hajj & umrah for muslims.

hiba
Muslim lifestyle magazine.

Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
Site of Islamic political party seeking to establish the Caliphate (Khilafah).

International Islamic News Agency (IINA)
News about the Muslim world, minorities and communities in various fields, including religion, education, culture, charity and dawa.

Islam Channel
Provides alternative news, current affairs and entertainment programming from an Islamic perspective. Based in London.

Islam City
Website about Islam and Muslims in text, audio and video.

Islam Online
Providing Islamic news, Islamic finance, fatwas, multimedia and Islamic articles.

Islam Tribune
Online magazine published in the United States of America, offering: world news and Muslims’ views.

Islamic Arts Magazine
Online magazine devoted to Islamic art.

Islamic Finance News
Based in Malaysia. Subscription required.

Islamic Horizons
Bi-monthly magazine of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Islamic Human Rights Commission
Provides information about human rights abuses in Muslim countries and in the West.

Islamic Monthly, The
Independent, nonreligious, U.S. based publication that fosters discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to Muslims in the modern world.

Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI)
Creating the world’s first mainstream reporting framework for corporate social responsibility based on Islamic principles and values.

Islamic Voice
A monthly magazine for Muslims on the Indian sub-continent. Includes news from the Islamic world, community roundup, editorial comment, articles.

Islamique Magazine
Muslim lifestyle magazine committed to publishing uplifting and enlightening material for Muslim community.

Islam21c
Online reference point dedicated to providing Islamic guidance and solutions to the problems/issues faced by western Muslims in the 21st century, according to the agreed upon principles of Ahl’assunnah wa’l-jama’ah. Based in UK.

Iviews.com
Interactive publication focusing upon providing news and commentary on issues and events of importance to Muslims.

Kavkaz Center
International news agency covering events in the Islamic world, Chechnya and Russia.

Message International
Bi-monthly mainstream Islamic magazine distributed throughout the United States. Features social and political coverage and commentary, scholarly work on Islam, as well as relevant happenings concerning Muslim Americans.

Muslim American
Aiming to help Muslims in America to become better informed and equipped to exercise their faith and embrace aspects of the sunnah.

MuslimahGirl Magazine
Online teenage magazine made especially for Muslim girls all around the world.

Muslim Journal
Weekly publications for Muslim Americans. Needs a subscription.

Muslimmatters.org
Website focused on issues of religion, society, ethics, sex education, politics, civil rights, family, as well as the random issues that pop up from now and then, all with some ranting and humor mixed in.

Muslim News
Monthly newspaper providing news and views of Muslims in the United Kingdom.

Muslim Press
News source covering issues related to Muslims worldwide.

Muslim Sunrise
A quarterly journal on the subject of Islamic Renaissance. Published in the USA.

Onislam
Independent resource for news, features, and fatwas about Islam and Muslims around the world.

Passion Islam
News site covering Islam issues in UK.

Renaissance
Monthly journal “promoting research and original thinking in the light of the original sources of Islam”.

Review of Religions
A monthly magazine published in London, UK focusing on religious topics and contemporary issues.

Revival, The
Online version of a UK magazine for Muslim youth. Includes articles, features, editorial comment, news, and a discussion forum.

The American Muslim (TAM)
Journal is dedicated to “the promotion of peace, justice, and reconciliation for all humanity”.

The Muslim Voice Magazine (TMV Mag)
Non-profit magazine published online and in print and run by students, for students.

Times of Ummah
Islam and Muslims related news from all aroud the world.

Sisters
Magazine for Muslim women, providing inspiration for an Islamic life from deen and tarbiyah to food and fashion.

Young Muslim Digest
Monthly magazine based in Karnataka, India.

Sorry, did anyone just hear a pin drop?

In your empty head?

Evacuating Nice Airport…unclear why.

Well one thing is certainly true
No one here knows what to do, and
I’m Sick of You

• Lou Reed
Yes, well I can just imagine the outrage that is going to be expressed in all of the below publications.

Aaila Magazine
Muslim family magazine.

AlJumuah
Islamic monthly Magazine. The purpose of the magazine is to satisfy a longstanding need to learn about Islam by non-Arabic speaking Muslims around the world.

Al Islam
The official website of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

Al-Khilafa
Daily news and comment from the site affiliated with Hizb ut-Tahrir Islamic Party.

Al-Tawhid
Journal of Islamic thought and culture.

American Muslim 360
Writen news and radio channel about Islam and being Muslim in America.

Azizah
Magazine “that reflects the experiences and perspectives of Muslim women living in North American society”.

Crescent
International news magazine of the Islamic movement that is affiliated with the Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought.

Daily Muslims
Muslim America’s first daily newspaper online.

Emel
Magazine focuses on lifestyle from a Muslim perspective, covering everything from news and views, fashion to finance, food to gardens, education to health and a whole section dedicated to the real life stories of day to day Muslims.

Euro-Islam.info
Website “intends to provide continuous information and analysis on the most important cultural and religious change that Western Europe is experiencing”.

Global Islamic Finance Magazine
Daily Islamic finance news, articlesa and interviews.

hajjGuides.com
Islamic news paper and guide on how to perform hajj & umrah for muslims.

hiba
Muslim lifestyle magazine.

Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain
Site of Islamic political party seeking to establish the Caliphate (Khilafah).

International Islamic News Agency (IINA)
News about the Muslim world, minorities and communities in various fields, including religion, education, culture, charity and dawa.

Islam Channel
Provides alternative news, current affairs and entertainment programming from an Islamic perspective. Based in London.

Islam City
Website about Islam and Muslims in text, audio and video.

Islam Online
Providing Islamic news, Islamic finance, fatwas, multimedia and Islamic articles.

Islam Tribune
Online magazine published in the United States of America, offering: world news and Muslims’ views.

Islamic Arts Magazine
Online magazine devoted to Islamic art.

Islamic Finance News
Based in Malaysia. Subscription required.

Islamic Horizons
Bi-monthly magazine of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Islamic Human Rights Commission
Provides information about human rights abuses in Muslim countries and in the West.

Islamic Monthly, The
Independent, nonreligious, U.S. based publication that fosters discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to Muslims in the modern world.

Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI)
Creating the world’s first mainstream reporting framework for corporate social responsibility based on Islamic principles and values.

Islamic Voice
A monthly magazine for Muslims on the Indian sub-continent. Includes news from the Islamic world, community roundup, editorial comment, articles.

Islamique Magazine
Muslim lifestyle magazine committed to publishing uplifting and enlightening material for Muslim community.

Islam21c
Online reference point dedicated to providing Islamic guidance and solutions to the problems/issues faced by western Muslims in the 21st century, according to the agreed upon principles of Ahl’assunnah wa’l-jama’ah. Based in UK.

Iviews.com
Interactive publication focusing upon providing news and commentary on issues and events of importance to Muslims.

Kavkaz Center
International news agency covering events in the Islamic world, Chechnya and Russia.

Message International
Bi-monthly mainstream Islamic magazine distributed throughout the United States. Features social and political coverage and commentary, scholarly work on Islam, as well as relevant happenings concerning Muslim Americans.

Muslim American
Aiming to help Muslims in America to become better informed and equipped to exercise their faith and embrace aspects of the sunnah.

MuslimahGirl Magazine
Online teenage magazine made especially for Muslim girls all around the world.

Muslim Journal
Weekly publications for Muslim Americans. Needs a subscription.

Muslimmatters.org
Website focused on issues of religion, society, ethics, sex education, politics, civil rights, family, as well as the random issues that pop up from now and then, all with some ranting and humor mixed in.

Muslim News
Monthly newspaper providing news and views of Muslims in the United Kingdom.

Muslim Press
News source covering issues related to Muslims worldwide.

Muslim Sunrise
A quarterly journal on the subject of Islamic Renaissance. Published in the USA.

Onislam
Independent resource for news, features, and fatwas about Islam and Muslims around the world.

Passion Islam
News site covering Islam issues in UK.

Renaissance
Monthly journal “promoting research and original thinking in the light of the original sources of Islam”.

Review of Religions
A monthly magazine published in London, UK focusing on religious topics and contemporary issues.

Revival, The
Online version of a UK magazine for Muslim youth. Includes articles, features, editorial comment, news, and a discussion forum.

The American Muslim (TAM)
Journal is dedicated to “the promotion of peace, justice, and reconciliation for all humanity”.

The Muslim Voice Magazine (TMV Mag)
Non-profit magazine published online and in print and run by students, for students.

Times of Ummah
Islam and Muslims related news from all aroud the world.

Sisters
Magazine for Muslim women, providing inspiration for an Islamic life from deen and tarbiyah to food and fashion.

Young Muslim Digest
Monthly magazine based in Karnataka, India.

Sorry, did anyone just hear a pin drop?

In your empty head?

Well. You should know what they say about empty vessels.

A pin drop sounds just like 1.6 billion souls in mourning inside of my head.

Try to remember we are all on the same side here.

I'm certainly not on the side of a couple posting in here.

Isis still havent claimed responsibility. Interesting.

I’m being led to believe that the whole thing was planned, approved and executed by a select band of mealy mouthed Blitz supporters.

Stage managed so that the comdenation of religion and the internal persecution of those practising it can be brought to light. Done, so that a light is shone on extremism.

It appears that the time was wasted. That something like that Islamic thingy for example - it’s aok. No problems. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I wonder about that.
Who does the claiming, their Twitter account?

Benfti. With all due respect, I admire your obvious intellect and the humanitarian side to your nature.

But if you think that Islamic extremism isnt being funded from within the greater Islamic world-wide community, you are dreaming. Follow the money.

And I doubt that you can shake me from the belief, that when the Islamic majority sit on their hands and say nothing - that they aren’t passively condoning it.

And you know what? If they’re too frightened to speak out against their own religion.
Well - I’ll just rest my case.

I wonder about that.
Who does the claiming, their Twitter account?

They normally claim after 24 -48 hrs through their “Telegram” account.

Think they’re saying he was estranged from wife & kids. Could be just a depressed angry lone nutter.

Weird, … I found myself being relieved it was only 10 kids killed … stopped myself & thought fk, is that what it’s come to??

I was really worried it was going to be a lot more though, so …

Still incredibly angry it was even allowed to occur. So stupid. It was an obvious set up to do just what he did, & they are completely aware that they encourage followers to do just this, and that they have done & do.

Police were chasing it down the street ffs, where were the barricades??

They normally claim after 224 -48 hrs through their "Telegram" account.

Appreciate that. Thanks.

Benfti. With all due respect, I admire your obvious intellect and the humanitarian side to your nature.

But if you think that Islamic extremism isnt being funded from within the greater Islamic world-wide community, you are dreaming. Follow the money.

And I doubt that you can shake me from the belief, that when the Islamic majority sit on their hands and say nothing - that they aren’t passively condoning it.

And you know what? If they’re too frightened to speak out against their own religion.

Surely, if you’re following this at all, and I find it difficult to believe that you’re not, you see Moslems speak out against this stuff all the time?
I don’t know who this ‘Islamic majority’ is though.
As if it’s not enough that a site you specifically said doesn’t do that ABSOLUTELY DOES THAT.

Surely, if you’re following this at all, and I find it difficult to believe that you’re not, you see Moslems speak out against this stuff all the time?
I don’t know who this ‘Islamic majority’ is though.
As if it’s not enough that a site you specifically said doesn’t do that ABSOLUTELY DOES THAT.

Do you read all of them?

Religiously.

Sorry.

So embellishment to prove a point is ok, just depends on who does it and whether it agrees to a point of view?