Truck slams into crowd at Bastille Day Celebrations- Terror attack likely

Meanwhile in turkey

#PrayForTurkey

Try to remember we are all on the same side here.
I'm certainly not on the side of a couple posting in here.

Benfti. With all due respect, I admire your obvious intellect and the humanitarian side to your nature.

But if you think that Islamic extremism isnt being funded from within the greater Islamic world-wide community, you are dreaming. Follow the money.

And I doubt that you can shake me from the belief, that when the Islamic majority sit on their hands and say nothing - that they aren’t passively condoning it.

And you know what? If they’re too frightened to speak out against their own religion.
Well - I’ll just rest my case.

Surely, if you’re following this at all, and I find it difficult to believe that you’re not, you see Moslems speak out against this stuff all the time?
I don’t know who this ‘Islamic majority’ is though.
As if it’s not enough that a site you specifically said doesn’t do that ABSOLUTELY DOES THAT.

Do you read all of them?

Religiously.

Sorry.

So embellishment to prove a point is ok, just depends on who does it and whether it agrees to a point of view?

Do you read anything at all that isn’t on the back of a a toilet door?

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/753738683195461632/video/1

Think they're saying he was estranged from wife & kids. Could be just a depressed angry lone nutter.

If that’s the case, what’s with the payload full of weapons in the back of the truck?
But if it’s not that, why wasn’t there anyone else in the back of the truck.
Nothing about it seems to make any sense.*

*Aware that looking for sense in a massacre may be an exercise in futility.

agree. something doesnt add up.

isis reportedly now claiming it. but not until after the arrest of several more people.

i’m wondering if this guy actually cocked up/ went off the rails (from an operation point of view - obviously he’s already off his rocker) or maybe the others piked out at the crucial moment. Because clearly the grenades and extra rifles hint at a much bigger involvement than one solitary driver. i’d rather not contemplate what could have been…

Was seeing a psychiatrist/cologist, & on meds for psychosis, his Dad produced a medical certificate.

Also, a lot of the arms it was reported he had in the truck were apparently replica’s/fakes.

Guy who drank and didn’t go to mosque, and yet there’s more arrests.

Guy who drank and didn't go to mosque, and yet there's more arrests.

Not sure what his drinking & praying habits have to do with the possibility there may be others involved in this or the planning of other attacks.

Guy who drank and didn't go to mosque, and yet there's more arrests.

Not sure what his drinking & praying habits have to do with the possibility there may be others involved in this or the planning of other attacks.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but when I think of extremist Islam, I think…you know, extremist Islam.
It makes me wonder how well he’d mix with others.
I’m not trying to make an aggressive point about anything, so I hope you don’t take it that way.
The whole thing just seems odd to me.

Seems odd because it is Wim I think.

I reckon this guy has been a lone nutter, and CystISIS waits the 24 - 48 hrs to claim, when they don’t have a clue who the guy is, and want to vet him for PR purposes before they say he was " a Soldier of Islam" etc.

Found it curious that the Psychiatric stuff didn’t come out in the media until after they had claimed him/it.

Are the authorities cluey enough to realise what the guy actually was (could find & haven’t found any links to ISIS), and aware how IS “claiming” worked, … to keep it under wraps until they had, so that an ISIS claimed “soldier” is then revealed to be a head case, thereby casting the inference that they are all “Mad” in the hope of discouraging others joining??

Reckon it’s quite possible, … it is afterall, first & foremost, a propaganda war.

Does it strike you as odd that all of these so called marginalised, disaffected, mentally unstable, “lone wolves” all seem to be taking up the same cause?

Where are all the disaffected Greek, Italian and (insert any other nationality/religion) suicide bombers, truck rammers, cafe seige operators hiding out?

Seems odd because it is Wim I think.

I reckon this guy has been a lone nutter, and CystISIS waits the 24 - 48 hrs to claim, when they don’t have a clue who the guy is, and want to vet him for PR purposes before they say he was " a Soldier of Islam" etc.

Found it curious that the Psychiatric stuff didn’t come out in the media until after they had claimed him/it.

Are the authorities cluey enough to realise what the guy actually was (could find & haven’t found any links to ISIS), and aware how IS “claiming” worked, … to keep it under wraps until they had, so that an ISIS claimed “soldier” is then revealed to be a head case, thereby casting the inference that they are all “Mad” in the hope of discouraging others joining??

Reckon it’s quite possible, … it is afterall, first & foremost, a propaganda war.

Spot on re propaganda.

Isis are starting to feel the pinch on the ground in their “caliphate”. They finally admitted Shishani was dead and militarily things havent gone well since the yanks suspect they shoved a missile down his throat 3 months ago.

The journo’s who know how Isis has worked find this one a bit different. The claim was relatively late in coming for someone then bequeathed “soldier of Islam” title rather than “supporter of Isis”. Apparently the difference in sobriquet is significant.

I’d be trying to bury any links to ISIS if i was the French, even if they exist. Paris attacks give all the justification needed for military action against Isis. As horrible as this one is, they dont need it for ramping up support. Go your hardest off the grid, but Try to deny the propaganda attempt associated with this one publicly. A bit like the hunt for an attention seeking serial killer, dont give them what they want on any level.

Does it strike you as odd that all of these so called marginalised, disaffected, mentally unstable, "lone wolves" all seem to be taking up the same cause?

Where are all the disaffected Greek, Italian and (insert any other nationality/religion) suicide bombers, truck rammers, cafe seige operators hiding out?

Doesnt strike me as odd at all. No one thinks this mob are anything but a murderous, fundamentalist, religious-nutcase magnet.

They arrested his ex-wife who stated that he was a violent drunken physchotic man. Not sure why they arrested her? It makes me wonder if the arrests are simply a way for the police and pollies to say they are doing something, anything, and they will quietly release them later.

Does it strike you as odd that all of these so called marginalised, disaffected, mentally unstable, "lone wolves" all seem to be taking up the same cause?

I understand what you’re saying in the first par, and broadly I think everyone’s in agreement on that. No-one’s trying to dispute that ISIS is the ‘inspiration’ for these events. So no, it doesn’t surprise me.
What I’m interested in is how much direct involvement ISIS had in it. You might not be interested in that. You might think that doesn’t matter. And you might even be right. I’m still interested in whether the amount of ISIS involvement was lots, a little bit, or absolutely none at all.

To get picky though, because I think these things matter, obviously we had a very recent example of a ‘lone wolf’ with a different cause.
And as to where these ‘other’ people in a cafe siege situation are, well…all over the place. Sieges with hostages unfortunately aren’t uncommon. Usually it’s family that gets holed up with the nutter, but not always. It happens here. It happens a hell of a lot in the US, and I’ve heard of just one that had anything to do with ISIS.
Again, I take your point. I do.
But it’s important to be accurate about these sort of statements.

Does anyone really believe that there is an ISIS Board of Directors (former Al-Qaeda execs) who take time out from beheadings to look at the weekly terror acts proposed & give their approvals? I just assume that most if not all of these attacks on western countries are just local crazies inspired by not instructed by ISIS/Al-Qaeda/Hamas/figurehead group of the day. Maybe I’m not giving ISIS enough credit.

Not at all, because as long as people continue to preach or equate the narrative Islam = terrorism then disenfranchised angry people are going to keep doing ■■■■ like that. As soon as people realise that Terrorism and Islam are not mutually exclusive less will occur, I have no doubt.

Does anyone really believe that there is an ISIS Board of Directors (former Al-Qaeda execs) who take time out from beheadings to look at the weekly terror acts proposed & give their approvals? I just assume that most if not all of these attacks on western countries are just local crazies inspired by not instructed by ISIS/Al-Qaeda/Hamas/figurehead group of the day. Maybe I'm not giving ISIS enough credit.

In between their cups of tea and their cucumber sandwiches, just before they send Trump his daily mental message while riding on their Toyota unicorns?

My mate Ahmed talking a lot about what people here have been speaking of from a Muslims perspective.

Does anyone really believe that there is an ISIS Board of Directors (former Al-Qaeda execs) who take time out from beheadings to look at the weekly terror acts proposed & give their approvals? I just assume that most if not all of these attacks on western countries are just local crazies inspired by not instructed by ISIS/Al-Qaeda/Hamas/figurehead group of the day. Maybe I'm not giving ISIS enough credit.

In between their cups of tea and their cucumber sandwiches, just before they send Trump his daily mental message while riding on their Toyota unicorns?

Are Isis actually sponsored by Toyota? They seem to have a cavalcade of white Hilux’s in every freakin video!

Not at all, because as long as people continue to preach or equate the narrative Islam = terrorism then disenfranchised angry people are going to keep doing ■■■■ like that. As soon as people realise that Terrorism and Islam are not mutually exclusive less will occur, I have no doubt.
So critics of Islamic terrorism are to blame for acts of Islamic terrorism?

That’s some genuinely twisted thinking right there.