TV show thread (2013-2022)

Watch it!

1 Like

The first episode I thought was good. The 2nd episode was one of the worst I have seen them do.

This episode reminded me of the standalone episodes of the 90s where they investigate a strange case. It was just really well done

I would highly recommend watching this episode( the 3rd ep of this series)

When they do their standalone monster/ strange case of the week type stories is where the xfiles is at its best, the mythology ones can be good, but it’s all become so muddled at this point

2 Likes

I’m Dying Up Here, on Stan.

Set in 1973 Los Angeles and revolving around struggling comedians at a comedy club. Halfway through the first series (just one released so far) and it shows a lot of promise.

Don’t watch the 2nd season - it has jumped the shark big time.

I gave up after the 1st episode

Yeah, binged the whole thing on Sunday arvo / evening.

The English do ‘quirky’ better than just about anyone I reckon.

I loved mindhunter

1 Like

Same.

Really liked it and I thought the acting was great.

Very bingable

Finished Big Little Lies last night and have to say that was superb. Writing and acting were fantastic and our own Nicole Kidman should nab herself a golden globe after that performance.
Apparently a second season was commissioned by HBO. It’s the only time I’ve seen a great show and felt it does not warrant another season. It finished perfectly, why risk ruining that.

6 Likes

I really enjoyed it too.

Did not know it was a book prior to watching and it’s set in Sydney and no one in Oz wanted to make it, which is why it’s set in America.

I also watched Riviera, SBS On Demand, was very good.

she did

I feel this all the time!

Homeland
The Affair
True Detective
Entourage

All shows that absolutely peaked at season 1 and went downhill from there.

Hell, even the first season of The Sopranos is their best season (though they had many outstanding seasons afterwards).

If they didn’t continue the sopranos wouldn’t have my favourite scene in tv history.

Chrissy’s intervention.

2 Likes

All interventions should end with a beatdown

Oh, I thought that was a SAG award.

Well, I guess I was right.

Started 2 shows today…Billions with Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti, and Berlin Station with…well, nobody of any great fame.

Both looking OK.

Both good.

Billions actually gets better in Season 2.

1 Like

How do I watch Billions?

Hmmm, … do you have a Torrent client? … ,and (now), … a VPN ?

I think they’re keeping the pirates at bay.

Kodi is Good but if you haven’t used something like that it may be a little complicated at first.

The alternative is torrents. Shouldn’t need a VPN for that.