TV show thread (2013-2022)

I don't agree at all with what you have said but to each their own. :)

Mal Walden finishing tomorrow  :( 

Well, I just watched Episode 8 of TWD.

Have no hesitation in saying it was the best 43 mins of a TV Series I have ever seen, and this one had nothing to do with Zombies.

A perfect metaphor of man’s failings throughout the ages, our inability to co-exist, no matter the cost.

Walking dead is fun because there’s less world and people and I like the emptiness of it.

That said, I don’t care much for the story nor the millions of holes/stupid decisions people make that enable things to happen, rather than having a solid storyline which creates situations and events.

So many plot holes and dumbness.

I like some of the special effects though but it’s just better than watching regular ■■■■ on tv and that’s ok by me I guess.

Walking Dead is the worst show I’ve stuck with. Ever.

As a generalisation, the Americans are rubbish at making after-the-apocalypse stories, whereas the Poms are great at it. I speculate wildly that this relates to the stages those two empires are at. Only one is able to acknowledge they could fall.

Walking Dead is probably a better example of a Yank attempt at it. It also happens to be a great example of how to make all characters both un-likeable and un-interesting, and have said characters be insanely stupid to create drama. Worse, the show-makers seems to have assumed they can get away with that, on the basis that the watchers are treated as morons too.

(I didn't get past the first episode of the second season, which includes such classic scenes as the one where the look-out on top of the caravan with the binoculars fails to see a couple hundred zombies coming down the highway until they're fifty metres away.)

How poorly made does it need to get before it goes away?

Who made the decision to spend 6 episodes of having almost nothing happen at the prison (oh, except a flu EXCITING) and then spend 2 episodes with the character that should have been satisfyingly resolved at the end of season three. As he spends his time with a new bunch of expendable, uninteresting and soon to die characters, to rush like hell towards a ‘big fight’ which pretty much is a mirror image of when the shows two biggest characters fought each other, one died, and then everyone split up as their home was overrun.

Should have killed Gov at the end of season 3. Failing that, should have done Gov and Rick’s camps side by side all this season to actually build up real, new tension.

So dumb.

yep.

im just wondering where the story can really go from here.

unless they turn it into a real life drama.

like either they keep moving and the same kinda ■■■■ happens, or they find a place and start to build a life and eventually over time the number of zombies is going to reduce as they are either killed or get trapped etc...

id be almost more interested now in the direction going towards where it was in season 1 with the hope that something can be done about it, testing, having to retrieve items/inventory to assist some doctors etc with research and really build the story with a glimmer of hope, be it finding a 'cure' of some sort or as i said building a life.

turning it into a long running story which happens to include a post-zombie world rather than being about a post-zombie apocalypse is more entriguing to me than more seasons of what is currently happening.

but i have zero faith in the writers to do that.

the locations and lack of occupied world is such a great template to create a good reality in, why not use it for that.

How poorly made does it need to get before it goes away?
Who made the decision to spend 6 episodes of having almost nothing happen at the prison (oh, except a flu EXCITING) and then spend 2 episodes with the character that should have been satisfyingly resolved at the end of season three. As he spends his time with a new bunch of expendable, uninteresting and soon to die characters, to rush like hell towards a 'big fight' which pretty much is a mirror image of when the shows two biggest characters fought each other, one died, and then everyone split up as their home was overrun.
Should have killed Gov at the end of season 3. Failing that, should have done Gov and Rick's camps side by side all this season to actually build up real, new tension.
So dumb.

The characters are one of the biggest failings in my eyes. The story lines I can get over because the whole concept of the show is unbelievable to begin with. But it's hard to legitimately care what happens to anyone because they're all so one dimensional and....stupid. They're just dumb people. The only one off the top of my head who has had any real character development is Carol which is strange in itself because the writers seem to hate all the female characters.

I actually thought I was alone but it seems I have a few allies. I've never loved to hate a show as much I do TWD.

To those who think TWD is such poor television, why keep watching? Personally I think it is a brilliant conceived and realised show.

because the visuals are nice and the gore is fun. this makes it "movie quality" with the money thats thrown into it.

but the story line is pathetic and the characters are terrible.

there is the basis for a great show there, its just terribly executed.

its like an action movie, you watch it and it has some cool bits in it but you dont expect the storyline to be immaculate.

this is similar except that storyline SHOULD be better because its not an action movie.

You're in a small minority with that opinion, but each to their own. I don't think many watch it because they like the gore or action.

Anyone here watch Person of Interest. Latest series has been, and I don't use this lightly... ■■■■■■ great. Like many tv shows it has high and low points, but really really liking season 3. I know the start to the show sounds like a re-writing of the A-Team intro, but it has developed quite well over the 2 1/2 seasons it's been going.

I watch it. Top top show.

Crap is really happening in the latest episodes. It may well even be the end of the season.

I agree. I can't believe what happened a couple of episodes ago. Wonder where things go to from here.

i think you are wrong. its a terribly written show with crap acting and crap characters who are all stupid.

i watch it because i like the world and how desolate it is, combined with seeing some good killing.

The idea that people watch TWD for what it could be rather than for what it is has been around for quite a while.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-biggest-missed-opportunities-in-fiction/
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-the-walking-dead-has-to-get-better/

As for Homeland, I’m finding it more and more difficult to accept that Carrie hasn’t been sacked (or killed) with every episode.

ha!

Thats basically what i wrote what i wanted to see!

To those who think TWD is such poor television, why keep watching? Personally I think it is a brilliant conceived and realised show.

Because there's nothing else like it. I tune in each week to see how the producers can continually squander the budget and plot devices they have been afforded by making a big zombie TV show.

I would like to see a series about how they survive. About them trying to setup something permanent. About them travelling greater distances. About trying to find an urban centre to survive in.

But the human drama around people that die every 4-6 episodes is ridiculous because outside of Rick you don't actually get any character development where their death holds substance.

Spoiler on latest ep:

[spoiler]Herschel died last night. So what? Not only did they telegraph it for the whole episode, how had his character changed or grown since he was first introduced? GOT deaths hold weight because you've grown with the character. Walking Dead thinks its edgy to kill people but it's about as interesting as doing your recycling.[/spoiler]

The idea that people watch TWD for what it could be rather than for what it is has been around for quite a while.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-biggest-missed-opportunities-in-fiction/
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-the-walking-dead-has-to-get-better/
As for Homeland, I'm finding it more and more difficult to accept that Carrie hasn't been sacked (or killed) with every episode.

I find it hard to believe there isn't a shoot-to-kill order on her from the CIA.