TV show thread (2013-2022)

The new Legends of Monkey on Netflix
Made in Australia.
Surprisingly good. Better than the original series.

“Monkey Magic” for those who remember the old series

Blasphemy

1 Like

Russian Doll.

Gets a great rating on IMDB.
Just managed to get through the first ep as found it hard to warm to the main character. Second ep was better and now interested to see where it goes.

re watch the old Monkey now.
It wasnt bad for its time, but looks very poor now.

Wasn’t there a Tom Cruise film that used that basic theme? Edge of Oblivion?

And Source Code?

1 Like

Edge of Tomorrow. It is a great film.

About Time with Bill Nighy is similar.

2 Likes

Cracker. Didn’t do well sadly. Conjecture that had the H’wood farksticks not ■■■■■■ their pants and went instead with the title of the Japanese novel it was based on it would’ve done better. Have to agree, it’s top notch - “All You Need Is Kill”

1 Like

I’m not far enough into it to see what it’s similar to - but has been criticised as ripping off Groundhog Day.

Love Death and Robots on Netflix. Short animated stories. Totally amazing. I wouldn’t read anything about it, just watch it. Stand alone episodes under 20 mins long. Not for the faint of heart.

2 Likes

Might have to check that one out.

Anything that has David Fincher involved has to be worth seeing.

Cardinal on SBS On Demand is a good Canadian police show.

Stars Billy Campbell (The Rocketeer and The Killing) and Karine Vanasse (Pan Am and Revenge) finally playing a Quebecoise (which she is) rather than a Frenchwoman.

This partly belongs in the Podcasts thread, but HBO have started a series based on the Serial podcast. The show is called The Case Against Adnan Syed.

One episode so far.

Have watched. It’s excellent. The one with the yogurt is bonkers

Yeah, certainly some creative minds out there! Glad you enjoyed it

2 Likes

On SBS Sunday 7 April and 3 following Sundays.

New Seasons of The Good Fight and Killing Eve on the way over the next few weeks. :+1:

Anyone ever seen Fleabag? I’ve watched 4 eps, a smidge similar to You’re the Worst in its cynical attitudes.

Yep.

I’ll watch the next season.