TV show thread (2013-2022)

The Guard

2 Likes

My son reckons it’s the best episode yet. I’m kinda 50/50

Best episode yet is a massive call as there have been some belters.

I’ve seen it’s been pretty poorly reviewed.

Will report back soon once I’ve watched it!

I’ve watched all three Black Mirror episodes and I’m still undecided, which probably suggests I’m underwhelmed.

For fans of the “7 Up” series, the latest installment “63 Up” is on SBS tonight at 7.30.

1 Like

Likewise. I think it’s a result of massively high expectations (I reckon Black Mirror is the best series ever) and the fact that the world is becoming so ■■■■■■ up that many of the Blavk Mirror concepts are quite as earth shattering.

Separately, They Will see Us on Netflix. Amazing show. 4 episodes. My wife and I just cried our way through all 4. There are some actors needing some awards out of this show.

Ashley 2 was ok, and only three episodes, feel like it’s getting predicable which is not what I wanted

“I am Mother” is a great movie on NETFLIX now worthy of black mirror.

2 Likes

Handmaids take has turned to utter tripe. Got a bit of GOT about it.

The first season was so intense because their was consequences for everything and it was a very bleak show with no happy ending.

This season she has the biggest plot armour. Each episode is increasingly stupid, you know she would have been killed in series one for any of the dumb things she does, now it’s just a shrug knowing she has to survive and somehow be a hero in the end.

Try Years and Years if you like Black Mirror

Posted this in the art house thread too.

Next Monday, SBS are moving Viceland from Ch 32 to Ch 31 and bring in World Movies on Ch 32.

2 Likes

What is ‘They Will See Us’ about.

‘When they see us’ is about some African American teens getting accused of rape they didn’t commit. Based on a true story. It is excellent.

1 Like

Sounds like a real hoot!

Also, … 'When they See Us"?

Since when has Black Mirror had moments of comedy? All 3 shows did.

My favourite on the 3 was the second one, I like that Irish actor who played the priest on the 2nd season of Fleabag. But I fear the show has jumped the shark

Watched it all last night. Is your typical wrongly convicted story, but done well. It was shocking if that’s how it really went down. Being the father of a 15 yr old makes you think how a judicial system could convict a child without any supporting evidence, and to tell your kids to say nothing.

1 Like

Central Park 5. Late 80’s crime in Central Park and how the legal / police side of it unfolded

1 Like

Was it them or the Memphis 5 (or was it 3) that Trump still believes are as guilty as, despite the fact they’ve been totally exonerated.

It was them. Trump has quite a history with this story