TV show thread (2022-?)

It’s a cracker. Can’t wait for season 2.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it a lot.

Really it’s more or less the same all the way down. If you like the first eps, keep going, but if you don’t, don’t hold on & wait for it to do something different.

Leeehmmmooo’s part is utterly brilliant, but the whole cast is good.

1 Like

Onto the second series of Vikings:Valhalla

Waiting for Leif Eriksson to crack the sads when he goes to vote.

Apparently when he headed back to Greenland, he thought they’d gone mad…well, he thought they’d taken Leif off their census.

And Sky Rojo is onto season 3 where the girls have taken refuge in Almeria but Romeo and Moíses are hot on the trail.

And a new series on Netflix…Totenfrau, or Woman of the Dead, whose policeman husband gets splattered over the road in a hit-run in the first minutes.

1 Like

Anyone watched Treason on Netflix.

A bit convoluted re MI6, the Russians, CIA etc, the characters were good even though there were many, story line easy to follow and one of those you just need to know who is it. Enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Watched it a few weeks ago…it was ok

1 Like

Not seen this yet. Is on my list.

Started another SBS Swedish series the other day, Huss. Follows a police squad on the mean streets of Gothenburg, focusing on the title character. 5 separate stories over 10 eps but the main characters featuring in all, with plenty of continuing threads. About as far from the sunny, perennial summer of Sandhamm as you can get.

Also finished all of the Strike series. A little bit uneven, the longer stories far stronger than the shorter ones. Still enjoyable, though. A very interesting set of characters. The last one, Troubled Blood, probably the pick.

4 Likes

It’s the smartest and probably the best Australian series ever. Stick with it for sure.

Season 5 is going to drop this year as well after a four year wait.

1 Like

Awesome, didn’t know that. Yep, onto season 2 now. Loving it. The episode in season 1 about Tasmania getting a new multi purpose stadium was quite prophetic!

1 Like

Must admit - never thought I’d get hooked on something like this but it has been a pure indulgence, cheese and all!

2 Likes

It’s the best. But I’m glad they’re calling it quits after this next season as it’ll get dumb otherwise.

1 Like

i actually can’t believe we’ve gotten 5 seasons of kids kicking the absolute ■■■■ out of each other

violence solves everything apparently

1 Like

The CEO of my energy company got asked in a staff Q&A what is involved in getting a new renewable project off the ground. He replied “Have you watched Utopia? It’s exactly like that.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

There was news about 6 months ago, that Sony have green lit a new Karate Kid sequel.

It looks like the show runners of Cobra Kai will be leading it. Which I’m glad about.

The concern would be that a new writer and director comes in and retcons the Cobra Kai story…… but it looks like that’s just a Star Wars thing.

1 Like

So far so good on TLOU.

Fantastic opening episode.

4 Likes

There’s some amazingly well done subtle moments from the game. I had massive de ja vu. Nothing overt, just a moment of dialogue or a camera angle.

Ellie’s personality and random background comments capture perfectly.

For those worried about it being a game adaptation, it is beloved because of character and story. The show looks to have nailed what made the game great.

2 Likes

I know nothing of the game, but loved the first episode.

Pedro Pascal slaying it yet again.

3 Likes

so after numerous glowing recommendations about severence I took a punt last night

jebus titty fking christ, the show takes a left turn into crazytown and just does not look back, ultra dark, ultra creepy, ultra cannot stop watching. The human psychology aspect of it and trying to understand the idea of it and how that experience would be for them is just so ■■■■■■■ good

such a great, original and rich premise, and exploration of it, only on ep 5 and it has so many friggin hooks in me

can’t wait to fall asleep watching it tonight

main characters (man and woman) actors ■■■■■■■ brilliant, all of them actually, but him and her especially

spoiler - >

just realised if helly ever reintegrated, imagine having two split personalities, one that wants to murder the other / kill the body suddenly coexist in the same mind

■■■■ me.

Great show

12 Likes