TV show thread (2013-2022)

So does anyone watch Suits?

I've spent the last two weeks watching first and second season and now up to date.

Great show!!!!!

Wayward’s Pines’

First 4-5 eps of Wayward Pines was great, but that last ep…I have no idea why they’ve completely given away the entire plot in the space of one ep. I’m really, really hoping they don’t go the way of Lost with lots of these flashbacks that happened in ep 6. It was such a great premise, now they’ve just thrown all their cards on the table.

Whilst I don’t know what that secret is I’m going to guess it’s zombies, dragons, or something sci fi for you to react like that…

Now I know the secret of Wayward Pines, I’m not sure I’ll bother any more.

I got sick of torrents, so I was using streaming sites like project free TV etc anyway.

I’m happy to pay a few bucks a month to have it all in a better and structured interface and the way netflix autoplays the next episode is awesome for binge watching.

need a service that can bridge netflix, hbo go, hulu, crunchyroll, funimation, spotify.

like have customised packages that could go as little as 5 a month (like funimation only) or up to 50 or so a month (includes all).

Interesting… I’ve thought the same. I’m actually working on something with a developer mate. It’s more of search engine though, that links to all your streaming accounts / channels

yueah its quite frustrating when you want to watch something, check the subscriptions you got and its not there, then find out you’d have to pay another tenner to get access to that subscription service.

meh it’s not frustrating it’s funny. Forget what it was but something my kid wanted to watch or the missus wanted to show her, netflix finds it in the search but goes "this is not available, you have to order a dvd from this website blah blah. It’s available if you google it you tools. take the money from having it on netflix.

I miss Rust Cohle, and to a lesser extent Marty as well.

I have D/L the new episode of True Detective, but the reviewers are saying its rubbish... should I bother?
Yes you should. Looks a slow burn that will be worthwhile.

Louis CK on piracy in Australia. Sums the situation up perfectly.

1 Like
I got sick of torrents, so I was using streaming sites like project free TV etc anyway.

I’m happy to pay a few bucks a month to have it all in a better and structured interface and the way netflix autoplays the next episode is awesome for binge watching.

need a service that can bridge netflix, hbo go, hulu, crunchyroll, funimation, spotify.

like have customised packages that could go as little as 5 a month (like funimation only) or up to 50 or so a month (includes all).

Interesting… I’ve thought the same. I’m actually working on something with a developer mate. It’s more of search engine though, that links to all your streaming accounts / channels

yueah its quite frustrating when you want to watch something, check the subscriptions you got and its not there, then find out you’d have to pay another tenner to get access to that subscription service.

And this is why people torrent in Australia.

I will be a bit of both, don’t mind a tv library though

I have D/L the new episode of True Detective, but the reviewers are saying its rubbish… should I bother?

I wouldn’t be surprised if iTunes/google play sort of model wins out… per-show (or per-episode) subscriptions.
‘Channels’ don’t necessarily make sense without the TV format.

so got three months of free Aussie netflix.. for a normal torrenter, how bad really is Aussie netflix?

It’s not that bad at all, but I haven’t VPN’d the US version, so I’m not sure on that comparison.

I got three months on Stan as well, and i’ve used my friends login for Presto. (everybody knows you can that, yeah?) Netflix is the best by a fair margin.

I use Foxtel for HBO and AFL, and that’s all. Fark I pay too much for that…

But I haven’t ‘donned the pirates hat’ ever since.

Cheers for letting me know, you should torrent Peos!

But it’s been good… for my mum. I went over and gave her access and she seems to be on it all day since.

Think I still like the torrenting part of it, nice to see I can catch up on Doctor who, HIMYM(minus the final ep) and the like on a whim. I wonder if they have Stargate, will check later

First ep os S2 of True Detective wasn't too bad. Much easier to get into than the first season.

I could see they were trying to put a bit of flesh on the characters before uniting them but it seemed to take an eternity. All basically nutjobs. The motorcycle cop I didn’t quite understand where he stood in all this - the others had their social issues but he was just plainly odd.

blue mountain state American college football tv series comedy on Netflix. Has lot of footy sex drugs quite funny too.
BMS is ■■■■■■■ hilarious. The episode where they take off 127 Hours and Memento had me in tears

“Where am I? Giant poster of myself…must be in my room.”

sadly ive seen the final episode in the corn fields of series three…

I would go and watch the movie in the theaters if it made it there.

But if it goes straight to DVD then i hope netflix picks it up asap.