TV show thread (2013-2022)

True Detective Season 1 - Gold
True Detective Season 2 - Poo

Anyone watching taboo?

Looking for a new show when I finish The Office (US). Any thoughts on the following?

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Also how fkn stupid is it in The Office (SPOILERS) how Steve Carrell just unceremoniously leaves? I assumed it was one of those things where 2 episodes later he comes back but he just hasn’t… I’m 2/3 the way through Season 8 and the show has jumped the shark. At the point where they go to Florida and that pommy girl joins it just becomes a bit … ■■■■.

Happens to a lot of shows over the years. The lead star becomes a big hit and moves into movies with little time to devote to the show they were in. Show however thinks it can continue without said star…show becomes ■■■■.

One actor stands out for me where it backfired was David Caruso. Huge in CSI Miami, left and did some god awful movies, ruined his career.

Back to your list, definitely True Detective. First season is incredible TV. If you’re looking into a new american comedy half hour, I’ve just finally discovered Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It’s a ripper!

Couldn’t stand Caruso in CSI, he made the show unwatchable. It was the wannabe tough head tilt that got me.

Looking for a new show when I finish The Office (US). Any thoughts on the following?

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Also how fkn stupid is it in The Office (SPOILERS) how Steve Carrell just unceremoniously leaves? I assumed it was one of those things where 2 episodes later he comes back but he just hasn’t… I’m 2/3 the way through Season 8 and the show has jumped the shark. At the point where they go to Florida and that pommy girl joins it just becomes a bit … ■■■■.

Happens to a lot of shows over the years. The lead star becomes a big hit and moves into movies with little time to devote to the show they were in. Show however thinks it can continue without said star…show becomes ■■■■.

One actor stands out for me where it backfired was David Caruso. Huge in CSI Miami, left and did some god awful movies, ruined his career.

Back to your list, definitely True Detective. First season is incredible TV. If you’re looking into a new american comedy half hour, I’ve just finally discovered Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It’s a ripper!

Couldn’t stand Caruso in CSI, he made the show unwatchable. It was the wannabe tough head tilt that got me.

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Not as painful as the sunglasses off & on, & especially the end of show ‘on’, when the particular crime that episode was sorted.
Anyone watching taboo?

I am.

Tom Hardy is amazing.

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Not as painful as the sunglasses off & on, & especially the end of show ‘on’, when the particular crime that episode was sorted.

Caruso was the #1 man in the first season of NYPD Blue. From all accounts, they hated him, and couldn’t wait to get rid of him as they’d wanted Jimmy Smits all along, but he was unavailable. Smits became available, Caruso got the flick.

Allegedly, he made astronomical demands of NYPD Blue, demanding an assistant who would sort through potential movie scripts for him. And of course, a salary out of comparison with the others.

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

He learnt that from Matthew Knights.

dealwithit.gif

“The Man in the High Castle” is good.

Anyone watching taboo?

I am.

Tom Hardy is amazing.

Is he a chance to be the new Bond?

The Young Pope. Get on board before all the cool kids do. It’s good. Very good.

The Young Pope. Get on board before all the cool kids do. It's good. Very good.

When is it on?

HBO. Not sure if on Fox. Otherwise the internet is your friend.

I’ve got the whole 1st season in waiting.

It’s next on the list, … once I finally get through Mr Robot S2. What a fkn palaver that is. Have to watch every episode a 2nd time before moving on to the next.

It’s a series that really makes the argument for binge watching.

I've got the whole 1st season in waiting.

It’s next on the list, … once I finally get through Mr Robot S2. What a fkn palaver that is. Have to watch every episode a 2nd time before moving on to the next.

It’s a series that really makes the argument for binge watching.

It’s a great series I think. Be interested in your theories after its done…

Any ideas when season 3 will start of Mr Robot?

At least 6 months away, potentially longer.

A Series of Unfortunate Events.

If you aren’t watching this you are missing out.

NPH is awesome and is just as good as the movie.

Watched two episodes and love it so far.

I can’t do it, all lemony snickets things are justboring as ■■■■.

A Series of Unfortunate Events.

If you aren’t watching this you are missing out.

NPH is awesome and is just as good as the movie.

Watched two episodes and love it so far.

No answers. Exactly like the end of every episode.