TV show thread (2013-2022)

I just can’t stand the lead actress. Only watched it for major winters tbh.

Oh righht .. the Second series,. I know what you mean now, didn't win as many Emmys, only Best actress again ..

You’re often wrong when it comes to such things … but you’ve never beenthis wrong.

Off ya ■■■■■■ tree mate.

Gwyneth Paltrow won an Oscar. What’s your point?

I thought it was absolutely horrible and my own opinion matters far more to me.

Ahhh, so it was just your opinion then? All good then, carry on.

And people ask, what’s in a word…

My opinion is your opinion is weird in this case.

Oh righht .. the Second series,. I know what you mean now, didn't win as many Emmys, only Best actress again ..

http://s24.postimg.org/mlk746wad/image.jpg

but was still nominated across the board, and then swept the pool at the Goldens, …

http://s24.postimg.org/8t5s8k5it/image.jpg

And took these as well …

http://s23.postimg.org/n345zz56j/image.jpg

and was universally lauded, to the point of a higher Metacritic score than Season One. That one?

Reception
Critical response

Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
Rating 92[55] 97[56] 84[57] 83[58] 87[59]
The first season received near universal acclaim. Metacritic gave it a rating of 92 out of 100 based on 29 critics.[60] TV Guide named it the best TV show of 2011[61] and highly applauded the performances given by Damian Lewis and Claire Danes.[62] Metacritic named Homeland the second-best TV show of 2011, based on aggregating the year-end top-ten lists of a number of major TV critics.[63] The second season also received near universal acclaim, achieving a Metacritic rating of 96 out of 100 from 21 critics

You’re often wrong when it comes to such things … but you’ve never beenthis wrong.

Off ya ■■■■■■ tree mate.

Yeah I’m surprised at that 96/100 score. My recollection was that season 2 got ■■■■-canned by the critics. Personally, I didn’t mind season 2, although it had some painful moments. It was season 3 that was attrotious.

Thing is though, season 4 was ok and 5 was really, really good. It’s a rare show that managed to bounce back from a pretty bad slump.

I didn’t realise it was back on, is ch.10 showing it again?

I thought S3 was when it lost the plot a bit too, I thought AN might have mixed them up for a tick.

I just can't stand the lead actress. Only watched it for major winters tbh.

She’s alright.

I agree that ‘positive ginger role-model’ carried the show early, but surprisingly the show became better for his absence. (Or maybe, it is the absence of his annoying family)

New Homeland is good. Not much action yet, but the set up is authentic, and there's a slow burn tension through the 1st 2 eps that already has you buzzing a bit.

And so well acted. Danes will get another Emmy &/or GG for this if early doors are any indicator.

What channel/service is it available?

It’s on Showtime in America only ATM HG.

The hard way is to install something like Psiphon 3

and sign up with a faux US Address

And then there’s the et/ez tv way …

Just saw it’s starting up on Chan 10 on Feb 12th.

EXCLUSIVE: Many Homeland fans have been awaiting news of the 6th season premiere which debuted earlier this week in the US.

TV Tonight can reveal it will begin Sunday February 12th on TEN, the first day of the ratings year. For those doing the sums, three episodes will have aired in the US by then.

A timeslot is yet to be confirmed -but I’d tip 9:30pm after 24.

The season is set in New York sees Carrie (Claire Danes) working at a foundation whose efforts are to provide aid to Muslims living in the US and takes place between election day and inauguration day.

http://s24.postimg.org/mlk746wad/image.jpg

but was still nominated across the board, and then swept the pool at the Goldens, …

http://s24.postimg.org/8t5s8k5it/image.jpg

And took these as well …

http://s23.postimg.org/n345zz56j/image.jpg

and was universally lauded, to the point of a higher Metacritic score than Season One. That one?

Reception
Critical response

Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
Rating 92[55] 97[56] 84[57] 83[58] 87[59]
The first season received near universal acclaim. Metacritic gave it a rating of 92 out of 100 based on 29 critics.[60] TV Guide named it the best TV show of 2011[61] and highly applauded the performances given by Damian Lewis and Claire Danes.[62] Metacritic named Homeland the second-best TV show of 2011, based on aggregating the year-end top-ten lists of a number of major TV critics.[63] The second season also received near universal acclaim, achieving a Metacritic rating of 96 out of 100 from 21 critics

Off ya ■■■■■■ tree mate.

Yeah I’m surprised at that 96/100 score. My recollection was that season 2 got ■■■■-canned by the critics. Personally, I didn’t mind season 2, although it had some painful moments. It was season 3 that was attrotious.

Thing is though, season 4 was ok and 5 was really, really good. It’s a rare show that managed to bounce back from a pretty bad slump.

I didn’t realise it was back on, is ch.10 showing it again?

I thought S3 was when it lost the plot a bit too, I thought AN might have mixed them up for a tick.

Possibly. Thought it was S2 though. Was that where he triggered the VP’s heart attack?

I just can't stand the lead actress. Only watched it for major winters tbh.

She’s alright.

I agree that ‘positive ginger role-model’ carried the show early, but surprisingly the show became better for his absence. (Or maybe, it is the absence of his annoying family)

Damian Lewis gets so many acting credits for Band of Brothers and Wolf Hall that you overlook anything bad, and it was Claire Danes I couldn't cop.

So I just finished The Office. I just wish they didn’t do the last 2 seasons (or at least the last one) and it would have been so much more memorable and closing in on a perfect 10/10.

The last couple of seasons just had so many stupid mistakes other than the cardinal sin of just generally declining in laughs and good episodes:
The pommy bird was just annoying and added nothing - made me laugh twice in 2 seasons and both were just “burns” that could have been delivered by anyone.
BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling’s characters vanished did they not?
The two new kids were pretty crap. The dweeby one was kinda funny at times but the other one offered 0 other than to unceremoniously break up the relationship between Kelly and Andy that we’d waited for a few years to materialise (yeah I know it’s not a drama but fk me).
The “Pam cheats emotionally on Jim with the sound guy” was so retarded I can’t even describe it.

The finale was pretty nice though.

Ed Helms/Andy Bernard was really a fascinating case study in that show. He started off annoying as fk, then annoyingly joined the full time cast. After a while he became really quite funny as he toned down the annoying-ness and was a great addition to the core cast of Jim/Pam/Dwight. Then he became the boss and totally backflipped into being unbearable and his one dimensional character wasn’t able to carry the show at all in the same way Michael Scott did.

Also Toby Flenderson is one of my favourite ever characters. So was Ryan/BJ Novak.

Hope you guys enjoyed my random stream of consciousness rant about a show you haven’t cared about for years :slight_smile:

No love for Dwight?

Taboo is ■■■■■■■ awesome.

Just heard Capaldi has pulled the pin on being “The Doctor”

Can someone please check in on DJR?

They cancelled Good Game :frowning:

Just heard Capaldi has pulled the pin on being "The Doctor"

I’m still grieving for John freakin’ Hurt, thanks very much.

Goliath looks promising.

Just heard Capaldi has pulled the pin on being "The Doctor"

I’m still grieving for John freakin’ Hurt, thanks very much.

Wow, I was unaware of the Hurt - Who link, … so a double blow!!

Life can be cruel at times … RU OK?

They cancelled Good Game :(

Never realised it was on YouTube until now.

I like that ABC does that. Q and A is one of my favourite YouTube subscriptions.

So I just finished The Office. I just wish they didn't do the last 2 seasons (or at least the last one) and it would have been so much more memorable and closing in on a perfect 10/10.

Don’t think you’ll find anyone who disagrees with that; season 8 was awful.
From what I remember, NBC was pretty desperate to drag it out for an extra couple of seasons. The Office was basically the only hit comedy they had (which is why they twice tried to do a spinoff, I guess). 30 rock was on the decline, Community and Parks and Rec were brilliant but rated poorly.

BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling's characters vanished did they not?
Left to work on another show.

800 Words. Enjoying it

800 Words. Enjoying it

Agreed, been the best home made show in years.

Smart too, being able to equally appeal to both Oz & NZ markets.