TV show thread (2013-2022)

Good start back for walking dead.

Agree

Good to hear will be watching it this afternoon.

The night of. Keep getting "watch it" but no description of what it's about. Don't want a cop show or horror. Just finished boardwalk empire a second time. Still brilliant.

Just finished season 1 of boardwalk empire, definitely recommend.

I’m a fair way behind, but started watching the Fargo series last night. Really enjoying it. A very Hitchcockian twist on the whole thing.

If you want a good political thriller, Occupied is a cracker. It’s Norwegian, so has sub titles, but is an interesting take on Euro politics.

Watching The Jinx. It's like Serial with pictures.

Any good?

If you want a good political thriller, Occupied is a cracker. It's Norwegian, so has sub titles, but is an interesting take on Euro politics.

Who has it? SBS? Netflix? Stan? Foxtel?

Google?

If you want a good political thriller, Occupied is a cracker. It's Norwegian, so has sub titles, but is an interesting take on Euro politics.

Who has it? SBS? Netflix? Stan? Foxtel?

Netflix

Thanks! Will try it.

I'm a fair way behind, but started watching the Fargo series last night. Really enjoying it. A very Hitchcockian twist on the whole thing.

I just finished binging the two seasons over the last few weeks.

It’s really good, Billy Bob simply owns that role.

S2 is quite different style wise, but still entertaining as all hell.

How did I miss Doc Martin for so long?

A delightful show about a happy, happy man. I find some comparisons with myself apt, particularly the way the girls all call him “■■■■■■” as he walks past.

The little boy is going to have Station Piers like a combination of Prince Charles, Adam Gilchrist, Brett Heady and James Hird (now waiting for 19thman to say Hird doesn’t have big ears). Both Martin Clunes (taxi with its doors open) and Carolyn Catz (big for a chick) have fair sets of flappers.

I only picked up on it at the old man’s place when I was stopping there for a few days. Now wading through the boxed set. Apparently they’re making two more series.

Also wading through a daily dose of Midsomer Murders. Enjoying it a lot. Only picked up on this at a mate’s place before my trip in August. I think I started at Series 5. UKtv does a daily show which stopped at Series 17 and went back to the beginning. Currently halfway through Series 2. You just see so many British actors you’ve been seeing for years, some of them 2 or 3 times in different roles.

Agree

Finally watched Walking Dead last night.

How cool was the car scene when the herd were coming, UTTERLY ridiculous, but still cool.

A delightful show about a happy, happy man. I find some comparisons with myself apt, particularly the way the girls all call him “■■■■■■” as he walks past.

If your taste in shows wasn't so awful you would have enjoyed his (quite substantial) TV debut role 34 years ago.
Watching The Jinx. It's like Serial with pictures.

Any good?

Yeah it was. Kept changing my opinion of the guy though the series. Couldn’t shake the feeling I had seen it before though.

If your taste in shows wasn't so awful you would have enjoyed his (quite substantial) TV debut role 34 years ago.

I saw Men Behaving Badly, but didn’t think it was that long ago.

And I must check out my Fry and Laurie’s Jeeves and Wooster series where he played Barmy Fotheringay-Phipps.

Can’t believe Noonan didn’t identify my obvious bait. Sad!

Can’t believe Noonan didn’t identify my obvious bait. Sad!
It had to have been Doctor Who, but I just don't recognise that show as any part of the cinematic arts. And I thought not mentioning it would annoy you more.

Fairly sure is serious but posting pic anyway…