TV show thread (2013-2022)

You could put all of the Crown Jewels on those lugholes.

Sneaky Pete.

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.

Interesting tv show from left field.

Catching up on westworld, just finished episode 8. So awesome!

How did I miss Doc Martin for so long?

A delightful show about a happy, happy man. I find some comparisons with myself apt, particularly the way the girls all call him “■■■■■■” as he walks past.

The little boy is going to have Station Piers like a combination of Prince Charles, Adam Gilchrist, Brett Heady and James Hird (now waiting for 19thman to say Hird doesn’t have big ears). Both Martin Clunes (taxi with its doors open) and Carolyn Catz (big for a chick) have fair sets of flappers.

I only picked up on it at the old man’s place when I was stopping there for a few days. Now wading through the boxed set. Apparently they’re making two more series.

Also wading through a daily dose of Midsomer Murders. Enjoying it a lot. Only picked up on this at a mate’s place before my trip in August. I think I started at Series 5. UKtv does a daily show which stopped at Series 17 and went back to the beginning. Currently halfway through Series 2. You just see so many British actors you’ve been seeing for years, some of them 2 or 3 times in different roles.

No offence, but liking Midsomer Murders is a sure sign of old age.

And all those formulaic Pommy shows of an outsider joining a small village, with a range of quirky characters and stagnant plot lines… spare me.

How did I miss Doc Martin for so long?

A delightful show about a happy, happy man. I find some comparisons with myself apt, particularly the way the girls all call him “■■■■■■” as he walks past.

The little boy is going to have Station Piers like a combination of Prince Charles, Adam Gilchrist, Brett Heady and James Hird (now waiting for 19thman to say Hird doesn’t have big ears). Both Martin Clunes (taxi with its doors open) and Carolyn Catz (big for a chick) have fair sets of flappers.

I only picked up on it at the old man’s place when I was stopping there for a few days. Now wading through the boxed set. Apparently they’re making two more series.

Also wading through a daily dose of Midsomer Murders. Enjoying it a lot. Only picked up on this at a mate’s place before my trip in August. I think I started at Series 5. UKtv does a daily show which stopped at Series 17 and went back to the beginning. Currently halfway through Series 2. You just see so many British actors you’ve been seeing for years, some of them 2 or 3 times in different roles.

No offence, but liking Midsomer Murders is a sure sign of old age.

And all those formulaic Pommy shows of an outsider joining a small village, with a range of quirky characters and stagnant plot lines… spare me.

l also like Doc Martin, a lot. l watched it more for the characters, than the plots. The Doc is painful to watch in action at times, but l can’t look away.

Midsummer Murders? l caught up with this for the first time last Nov & Dec, while staying at my sister’s. She is addicted to it, but l can take it or leave, okay but in no way outstanding.

Yep. Plus 1 for Doc Martin. Clunes is fantastic in it.

First episode of SS-GB, a Len Deighton story, is now down. Some of his war books are great, and he did have a career after the war. Michael Caine starred as his Callan-like spy in Funeral in Berlin and The Ipcress File. A rival to Le Carré but with greater breadth and less confusion. I found a couple of Le Carré’s later books unreadable. Normally writers used italics to show that a piece of narrative is set in a different time, but this particular one (was it A Perfect Spy?) was horribly confusing and I gave up. For Deighton, I could recommend the wartime books Goodbye, Mickey Mouse and Bomber. He also wrote non-fiction like Blitzkrieg and Fighter.

Like The Man in the High Castle, it’s a projection of what Britain would have been like if Britain had lost in 1940-41. Churchill is dead, the King’s in the Tower of London.

Waiting for a 720p version.

First episode of SS-GB, a Len Deighton story, is now down. Some of his war books are great, and he did have a career after the war.

Like The Man in the High Castle, it’s a projection of what Britain would have been like if Britain had lost in 1940-41. Waiting for a 720p version.

FTFY :wink:

First episode of SS-GB, a Len Deighton story, is now down. Some of his war books are great, and he did have a career after the war.

Like The Man in the High Castle, it’s a projection of what Britain would have been like if Britain had lost in 1940-41. Waiting for a 720p version.

FTFY :wink:

OK…hit me with it! For the ? ?

Just finished watching Breaking Bad again, I had forgotten how ■■■■ depressing the last 3 or so episodes of Season 5 were.

Anyone got some recommendations for light hearted comedies.

I have access to Stan & Netflix.

Just finished watching Breaking Bad again, I had forgotten how ■■■■ depressing the last 3 or so episodes of Season 5 were.

I find “Please Like Me” to be pretty funny. It’s on Netflix here, so I assume it would be in Australia being and Aussie show.

Warning though, it is very Broke Back Mountain at times

Brooklyn 99

Drunk History, on Stan.

Love, it’s on Netflix

Support Australian comedy. No Activity (Stan) is really good. Or you could IView Utopia if you haven’t seen it already.

Brooklyn 99

Seen it, unless Netflix has released season 4.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Santa Clara Diet, an original Netflix series. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Support Australian comedy. No Activity (Stan) is really good. Or you could IView Utopia if you haven't seen it already.

Upper Middle Bogan

Anyone seen Sneaky Pete yet? I have only watched the pilot, the premise itself is a stretch, but if you can get over that , it might be OK. Seems to have the potential for lots of plot twists and some moral dilemas too

Its a show that Bryan Cranston created Cast is good, including Cranston, who made an appearance at the end of the pilot, not sure how much he will actually be in it, Giovanni Ribisi, if you dont know him by name you will by face, others in this so far include, the fat bald cop from the wire and the sleazy Asian guy from dexter

Finished Westworld, loved it

I loved the twist with Arnold and Bernard, didn’t really see that. I understand the different timelines however the confusing part was that young Will and Logan arrive on a futuristic train, so how far into the future is the present-day William?
As for next season, anyone think Ford created another host as himself? Reckon there is enough to continue on for season 2. Sucks that it is in 2018