TV show thread (2013-2022)

Just finished watching Breaking Bad again, I had forgotten how ■■■■ depressing the last 3 or so episodes of Season 5 were.

Anyone got some recommendations for light hearted comedies.

I have access to Stan & Netflix.

I can flick back into breaking bad anytime and series and just start rolling it again. It’s the best

I don’t think TV series are really my thing. I really struggle with them after about the second season.

Breaking bad - First season was awesome, 2nd okay, then I really struggled to get to the end. The acting was very poor.
Dexter - gave up during season 3
Walking dead - gave up during season 3 even though I love zombie stuff
GoT - Loved the first 2 or 3, but really struggling with it now. So slow. Each series could just be movie length.
Sons of Anarchy - I got through this, and enjoyed it as a whole. But it was sooo boring for many parts.
Vikings seems to still be going okay.
I even gave up on The Sopranos after two seasons, but that must have been 15 years ago. I’d like to rewatch it as the first season was fantastic, hopefully it comes to Netflix at some stage.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Santa Clarita Diet, an original Netflix series. Not sure what to make of it yet.

American Gods series airs april 30th.

Yep. Plus 1 for Doc Martin. Clunes is fantastic in it.

we like watching cos we visited there in 2015 walked past the house etc, very pretty STEEP place, god knows how they got all the film gear down the narrow streets, typical Cornish harbour village, loved it

I don't think TV series are really my thing. I really struggle with them after about the second season.

Breaking bad - First season was awesome, 2nd okay, then I really struggled to get to the end. The acting was very poor.
Dexter - gave up during season 3
Walking dead - gave up during season 3 even though I love zombie stuff
GoT - Loved the first 2 or 3, but really struggling with it now. So slow. Each series could just be movie length.
Sons of Anarchy - I got through this, and enjoyed it as a whole. But it was sooo boring for many parts.
Vikings seems to still be going okay.
I even gave up on The Sopranos after two seasons, but that must have been 15 years ago. I’d like to rewatch it as the first season was fantastic, hopefully it comes to Netflix at some stage.

I think you should stay away from TV series.

I’ve spoken to people who didnt think Breaking Bad was all that good, but I’ve never heard anybody say that the acting was very poor.

I've spoken to people who didnt think Breaking Bad was all that good, but I've never heard anybody say that the acting was very poor.

If anything it’s some of the best acting I’ve ever seen.

I've spoken to people who didnt think Breaking Bad was all that good, but I've never heard anybody say that the acting was very poor.

I’m gonna have to agree with MD, season 1 acting was pretty bland, in fact season 1 was just average. it picks up season 2 but in season 3 I just lost interest.

The wife and her sister were cringe worthy bad. Walt was okay, but not particularly great. Just my opinion of course.

As for the show, it just dragged on and could have been 3 seasons. Remember the fly episode? I nearly stopped there

I’m gonna struggle to defend Skyler, that is true… But she does improve quite dramatically.

Walt, Jessie and Hank are absolutely on from the start though.

1 Like
I'm gonna struggle to defend Skyler, that is true... But she does improve quite dramatically.

Actually hated the son.

I'm gonna struggle to defend Skyler, that is true... But she does improve quite dramatically.

Actually hated the son.

If he was on Gilmore Girls, he’d have melted your heart.

Actually hated the son.

Jared Padalecki <3

In seriousness, at least the characters in gilmore girls had chemistry.

If you want a good political thriller, Occupied is a cracker. It's Norwegian, so has sub titles, but is an interesting take on Euro politics.

Who has it? SBS? Netflix? Stan? Foxtel?

Netflix

Thanks mate.

we now have watched from E2 onwards, It is a great show.

We started watching it last year.

But it was too depressing, seeing people that held high ideals being victimised by a dictatorial, bullying, powerful overlord and being betrayed by their “friends” and erstwhile partners.

Perhaps you can see a parallel that made me too sad to follow it further at the time.

Actually hated the son.

Jared Padalecki <3

Breaking bad had nothing but chemistry.

Actually hated the son.

Jared Padalecki <3

Breaking bad had nothing but chemistry.

Watch Manhattan for the physics.

Skyler I agree was irritating, but I thought Walt Jnr was played well, more so considering the actor actually has that disease. They had an interview saying it would have been easy to just hire any actor to try and mimic it but they wanted someone that knew firsthand. It’s also a bit hard to differentiate “bad acting” and just hating the character (see Joffrey). Some of Skyler’s decisions don’t have anything to do with bad acting, she’s playing the character they need her to.

Seasons 4 & 5 are the most riveting of any show I’ve ever watched and it remains my favourite show to this day. If you told me the first season and bit are a little slow then I probably wouldn’t argue too much with you, I thought the same on first watch.

Skyler I agree was irritating, but I thought Walt Jnr was played well, more so considering the actor actually has that disease. They had an interview saying it would have been easy to just hire any actor to try and mimic it but they wanted someone that knew firsthand. It's also a bit hard to differentiate "bad acting" and just hating the character (see Joffrey). Some of Skyler's decisions don't have anything to do with bad acting, she's playing the character they need her to.

Seasons 4 & 5 are the most riveting of any show I’ve ever watched and it remains my favourite show to this day. If you told me the first season and bit are a little slow then I probably wouldn’t argue too much with you, I thought the same on first watch.

Agree. I actually stopped watching it halfway through season 2 (think last episode was when that method head pushed the atm on her husbands head). It was boring and got really dark, but a mate of mine who was up to date at the time (end of season 4, maybe first episode season 5) told me to keep going because it gets awesome. Lucky I went on with it because I found myself watching it and it being 12am and saying “ok, I’ll watch just one more then bed” then end up watching 3 more.
I had also got the flu that week and took a week off work which was so lucly because I was able to get up to date with it.

started to watching Band of Brothers again.

wow, what a series