TV show thread (2013-2022)

Started a few series the other day - all on ABC or BBCFirst - At First Sight about a Scottish serial killer in the 50s (played by Martin Compston, the star of Line of Duty), the Wilkie Collins story The Moonstone (which has already been panned by some friends, but I’ll probably watch the next ep), third series of Broadchurch, thankfully on a different topic rather than the ordinary second series and tonight we have The Missing with Keeley Hawes and David Morrissey.

Sopranos is HBO so it’ll never come to Netflix. They have their own - HBO Now. Can’t get it in Aus I don’t think as they sell to Foxtel.

1 Like

IIRC its meant to come to aus this year.

Thanks for prompting me to check this out. I can actually watch the sopranos on skyGO. I’ve not bothered to use it yet, but it looks really sweet.

It’s also got Westworld on there, which I’ve only caught a little bit in german on the Sky channel, it looked pretty good too.

I am surprised their isn’t more of a market for it Aussie home made shows lately as I am over reality tv shows. We use to have Rush, Secret Life of Us and Packed to the Rafters. Wife is obsessed with them (reality shows) and I get over them pretty quickly. I just cant watch them. Shows like:
I’m a celebrity, get me out of here
Married at first sight
My Kitchen Rules
Masterchef
Keeping up with the Kardashians
Say Yes to the dress

I am yet to see someone from any of the cooking shows like MKR and Masterchef actually open a restaurant (even though they all say they want to and will… half do it to end up on tv and have some midday rubbish slot)

Bring on shows like House Husbands (wife loves it and got me on it) and 800 Words.

Getting into shows like the Blacklist, Flash, Arrow.

I think you need to go outside

■■■■ 24. Going nowhere near it without Kiefer.

Didn’t do the last one, probably won’t do this, … (although I have considered the ability to be able to binge watch the 1st one now, sans Ads , might make it more bearable), … but I’m surprised Miranda Otto hasn’t made this one a winner, … I expected it might be a better series when I saw she was in it.

She really impressed me with her stint in Homeland last year, and this seemed to be a role in a similar vein to that.

It’s exactly the same. It jumped the shark within a couple episodes when they decided to rob a distant cop shop’s evidence room of a million dollars, in half an hour.

But yeah, there’s no point if you don’t get to say “DAMN IT, CHLOE!"

Ummm, … spoiler alert??

Ummm… that bit aired here many weeks ago?

It’s not really a biggy to me personally, but, … since when is when a show “Aired” relevant?

1 Like

Next thing you’ll tell me Billy Hartnell is going to leave the role of the Doctor.

1 Like

Who?..

OK, everyone, we now know we shouldn’t discuss TV from the (at least) last 51 years.

2 Likes

I think there’s a statute of limitations. Two years? I think discussing a show that aired over two years ago is acceptable without a spoiler tag.

Unless that show is the Wire, the plot of which should be kept forever secret for those who haven’t experienced it yet (apart from the part where McNulty turned out to be a woman, who would have seen that one coming?)

Really loving Legion. The show is literally insane. It’s a psychological thriller with a bit of horror and a super-powered twist.

Highly recommend it, one hell of a ride.

1 Like

Selling Houses Australia… the only show where the host tells the sellers how it is…

Home owner: we are looking for 630K for our home on the Gold Coast.

• look to find most of it is yet to be renovated and inhabital*

Andrew Winter (host) shows what potential buyers had to say yea this one down the road sold for 510K and albeit it is a fixer uper. It is in a better condition than yours.

Home owner watches as reality sets in

Host: you will need to cough up another 80k for us to fix it up ready to sell.

As much as it is ridiculous. I find it enjoyable and addictive.

4 Likes

I secretly love that show, and the antics of ol’ Winty.

He’s such a likeable ponce.

I reckon this show is proof that you can do a lifestyle show without all the manufactured bullshit drama, just make it about the topic at hand, and it be interesting.

I must say though, they’ve stepped up the product placement in the new series. It was almost comical the other night.

1 Like