TV show thread (2013-2022)

If you dig the Stephen King/ET pastiche sort of thing they did with Stranger Things, a Canadian thing called Creepy Pasta “Candle Cove” might be worth your while.

In another realm, if you like Wes Anderson and a bit of the Coen Brothers (Fargo new season), have a look at genuinely odd show called Patriot. Lead is an Australian actor, beautifully made, slow but occasionally really funny, mostly set in Luxembourg. I’m loving it, can see the knocks but don’t care.

1 Like

Loved both. Reckon Expanse is great

Great show. Was pretty disappointed when a certain central character seemingly died but perhaps he isn’t dead.

Reckon he will pop up again

Just finished 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Good show but very heavy going. The two young leads act the house down, would expect to see them more frequently over the next many years.

2 Likes

Last 2 episodes of better call saul have been excellent

2 Likes

Master of None is great TV. A light hearted comedy that does meaningful episodes

1 Like

Got to pick a day to get through Master of None Series 2, Series 1 was great

Silicon Valley is back and its ■■■■■■ great

Hello White People …some say controversial others tell you like it is!

American gods is out there.

1 Like

The Leftovers is coming home strong… And weird.

Third season was filmed here in Melbourne, and I must say that the city looks pimp on HBO.

Plus… Orgy on the Spirit of Tasmania, yeah that’s normal.

A couple people have said that it is starting to enter the Breaking Bad level of great TV. Is this true?

Its pretty damn good, but in its own way.

The pace is very, very slow, but the pay-offs are very satisfying.

1 Like

BB was like that.

Are they going to do a series on Gus in the future?

It’s even slower than BB.

Gus is in this season

It’s very high quality the last 3 Eps now are outdoing each other. The seasons are way too short at the moment. Annoyingly short

And it is brilliant.

1 Like

The Blacklist… things getting interesting.

Just finished Hannibal.

Man those last few eps felt rushed, now that I think about it all season 3 felt rushed. It’s as if they had a 4th season planned but the show got a tap on the shoulder mid way through season 3.

First 2 season are the most twisted and brilliant TV I’ve ever seen though

1 Like