TV show thread (2013-2022)

It isnt as frantic and unpredictable yet as the other 2 series, but in a slightly different way is still great

I finished a second run through of The Wire. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think season 4 is the best.

1 Like

I think season four being the best is actually the general consensus?

I liked season two best, so I’m way more alternative

1 Like

Season 5 of HOC drops early next week. Hope it’s going to be good, but I’ve got a bad feeling, given the last season was pretty average

Ah k i always thought people hated it. Season 2 was awesome as well.

season3 bloodline is on!

Watched Ep 1 of Ray Donovan last night. Intriguing.

Excited to get my teeth into it.

Anyone else like it? Rate it?

I hated the Jon Voight character so much I couldn’t watch more than about 3 episodes.

The Leftovers is spectacular.

1 Like

Is designated survivor any Good?

It’s not going to win any Emmys for outstanding achievement, but it’s very, very watchable.

3 Likes

I’m with you there, although managed to get through the first series.

Yeah, he gave me the tom tit’s too but I persisted, even though the plot line with him became so unbelievable.

I fkn hate when that happens, especially when the rest of the show is reasonably believable, so I fell off it after season 2, … but I’ve been meaning to get back to it & will soon.

House of Cards is back, as strong as ever.

Frank Underwood has to be right up there as one of the most unlikeable protagonists in TV history.

1 Like

Are the story threads accurately coherent overall though? To churn through 3 showrunners in the first season is unheard of…and with the renewal they’ll now be onto their 4th.

Surprisingly yes, all things considered. It’s funny, you can see the changes of direction in the story through out the season, but it kind of works in its favour. (e.g some story lines were flat and boring, then suddenly, they are gone.)

It’s cheesy, it’s hacky, the direction and acting probably take itself far too seriously… But for some reason (probably Keifer) it’s really quite intriguing. Plus, you get to see some of the all time funniest ‘group reactions’ from a bunch of extras in TV history.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the first season - I think as you point out Keifer was a big reason for that. The finale was interesting in that it wasn’t really a true cliffhanger, which I actually enjoyed.

Might have to go back looking for th ‘group reactions’ - clearly didn’t pick them up first time around.

1 Like

Pretty much any time Kiefer gives a profound speech, the press core / congress / gathered crowd just start nodding uncontrollably in agreement.

1 Like

I’m just impressed that they managed to be more audacious than S1. Unfortunately it would seem that we’re unlikely to see a third season for a long time, if ever.

In the same genre, hopefully Glover and co. can build on a strong first season of Atlanta whenever that comes back later in the year.

For those who enjoyed 7 Days in Hell, they’ve filmed a sequel about a fictional Tour de France where everyone is on drugs…