TV show thread (2013-2022)

What’s so fictional about that?

1 Like

Fictional should be in italics

First ep was really good.

Unlikeable but you find yourself barracking for him.

They should have finished House of Cards like they did the English series. First two series had comparable storylines. But if finished after 3.

1 Like

I was just about to hit the fartsack when I saw the box set of Band of Brothers was on. Episode 3…2-7 days after D-Day.

1 Like

The phenomenal Season 3 of Line of Duty hits FTA screens starting Friday June 16th, 9:20pm on ABC.

13th Street will begin the 4th season, a few weeks later, Wednesday June 28th at 8:30pm

Season 3 is absolutely sensational. One of the best police series I’ve ever seen. Stunning, from beginning to end. I’d give it 11 out of 10. Seasons 1 and 2 were good, but this is great. Might help to at least watch Season 2 before Season 3. They are connected, unlike Season 1, with Keeley Hawes’s character being pivotal…

Just finished the season. Thought overall it was pretty rubbish.

Finished it last night, and overall it was pretty enjoyable. It’s never not fun to watch Frank and Claire in full super villain / crush everybody mode.

Having said that, the whole ‘bring in a minor character for a while, have them do very little, and then have the killed’ plot device is getting really fkn dull. Tom Yates in particular was such a fkn drag.

Also, how did Veep manage to explain the 12th Amendment better than HoC, without one of the most exposition-y monologues I’ve ever seen?

Did anybody persist with “Sneaky Pete” after S01E04?

Ronny Chieng - International Student for some good dumb fun.

4 Likes

Excellent show IMO, the last few episodes were manic

Just watching ep 8 of Fargo series 3.

And Satan from Reaper has just turned up, and it looks like a similar role until he pulls a ginger kitten out of his bag and gives it to Nicky Swango.

2 Likes

I can’t bring myself to watch that episode of the Hamish and Andy thing where the fat kid cracks a fat during surf life saving race. Some things are just too unbearably cringeworthy to contemplate or hear about

Anyone watching the Keepers?

Thoughts on the Leftovers finale Peos?

Last season of The Leftovers was a pile of crap.

First season was amazing.

Second season headed towards Lost pile of rubbish territory.

Third season was a total ■■■■■ the bed - worse than Lost ever was - in a league of it’s own territory.

As soon as Australia was involved, everyone should have foreseen the abomination that was about to occur.

I was a bit unsure at first, but after I let it settle in I was pretty happy with it. I really liked the third season overall, and the second last episode was one of my favourite’s for the whole series. (Potentially the greatest d*ck joke of all time?)

Spectacular television show, deserves it place among the greats.

Wow, the second season was close to the most flawless season of TV I’ve ever seen.

I’d have season 3 just behind it, and season 1 coming in third.

Each to their own I guess.