TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’ve downloaded torrents. I think it’s coming to SBS. Stars Elizabeth Moss and Ralph Fiennes.

And BTW, … what you just nonchalantly dropped completely blows the whole 1st season plot,… I would urge you to do the right thing and delete it.

Took out the offending paragraph and left in what I wanted to happen, but I feel that in pretty well all of his roles since the Big Steal.

1 Like

He was great in Animal Kingdom.

Unfortunately it typecast him for simmering menace roles,… but he’s still good at it.

I binged it all in about 3 days, so it’s a bit of a blur as to where and when the pace picks up / slows down.

It’s a ‘not bad’ second half of the season, but you’d hope they are only going to go one more year.

The story is getting thin.

By pure accident I discovered that Fear The Walking Dead is actually doing a third season. I’m staggered they didn’t cancel it, it must rate well, because it’s utter garbage.

Despite that, I still caught up on the first three episodes for some reason and to my surprise (despite a laughable season premiere) it’s actually not too bad.

1 Like

I thought the last two episodes got too ridiculous, even for that show.

It’s got one more series max

I agree with BK. First season was great & it deteriorated after that.

Full season is available via SBS on Demand from Thursday July 6

Ta, Dunlop. Is it being shown on SBS live, at all?

And do you have any idea on when Bosch is coming on SBS? I subscribed to Amazon Prime Video, just for Bosch, and it’s marked as unavailable, which I thought was a bit of a rip-off.

Fair enough, I guess the weirder it got the less you liked it? Because I was the exact opposite.

What did you think of the ‘International Assassin’ episode in season 2?

I personally think that the last season was just taking the ■■■■.

It was an excuse to pump out an extra season because people would watch it and it would make money, that’s all.

I thought the whole Inception wannabe thing was crap the first time to be honest and it certainly didn’t get any better in season 3.

I’ll be interested to hear CC’s take on it though.

It was one of the lowest rating shows HBO has ever renewed, it didn’t make much money. It got a third season off the back of critical acclaim, not commercial success, and that’s a fair effort considering the critics were lining up to bury Damon Lindelof again.

I get it’s a very bizarre and somewhat devisive premise, but I honestly don’t get what you mean by ‘Inception wannabe.’

On the Bosch front, no, in the past TV Tonight have reported airing dates a month in advance of the premiere, so I wouldn’t expect anything until August at the earliest.

Re: Handmaid’s Tale: No air date yet, but almost all of their on demand exclusive titles have gotten a run on SBS at some stage, albeit in double episodes and starting after 11pm (these are foreign language though). Given it is a buzzy English language show, I’d expect they’ll hold off a month or 2 to drive traffic to on demand before giving it a FTA run, as it is in English that ought to ensure it an earlier timeslot but may not protect it from airing in 2hr blocks.

The whole, die and go into a further subconscious state of mind/parallel universe crap where he is an “assassin”.

Thought it was terribly ■■■■■ and uninteresting.

1 Like

Should probably spoiler tag that.

And I’m starting to understand why you didn’t like season 3.

1 Like

Big article on Ben Mendelsohn in this morning’s Age…complete with my spoiler.

The last bit explains how she hit the 'Strictly Ballroom’ line so perfectly!

It had the potential to go down the Euro-noir path of recent years (no really, the real culprit is being focused on this week) but the two leads, in particular, held it above that.

I watched that scene at the end through slatted fingers.

Dunno whether the second season can be sustained, though.

2 Likes

I watched the first 2 episodes of 13 reasons why. God awful. Aimed at teenagers I assume

I didn’t buy the whole international assassin or parallel universe thing
I love bizarre concepts, David Lynch being one of my favourites, but when series try to be surreal but come off derived or contrived, I think the writers are just being lazy.
The 3rd series only had 8 episodes & still they needed filler to achieve this. The aboriginal song dance episode was a crock, the one on the ferry was just an excuse to show off some Aussie T&A, but didn’t add anything to the series.And the whole premise of why Kevin keeps coming back to life, is that he has dual identities in the parallel dimension full of dead people? The 2 identities being an assassin & the POTUS?? WTF
Twin Peaks showed how to do parallel universes in a some what believable fashion, this show didn’t.

1 Like