TV show thread (2013-2022)

Finished Season 2 of Fargo. One of the best seasons of a show I have seen.

1 Like

Wait till you watch season 3. Incredible televison.

1 Like

Not often l get to post in this thread, mostly l just come in for recommendations. However, l just caught up with Hinterland on the BBC. l have no idea which season it is, but this Welsh drama is very well done. It looks like the whole thing is filmed on location, the lighting and camera work is a definite feature, it gives the whole series a very different look, and feel. The stories have a common plot running through them to provide continuity. along with excursions into separate plots. Very atmospheric, and different from anything else l have seen.

1 Like

Finished Fargo S3

Not 100% sure what happened at the end of that last scene between Gloria and Varga

1 Like

It’s ‘Choose your own ending’

Weird decision to end the show the way, considering it is based on a true story. First season was a masterpiece, second season was fantastic and this season was meh.

As much a true story as Series 1 and 2.

i.e. as true as the time I made sweet, passionate love with Scarlett Johannsen.

1 Like

At the request of the victim, the names have been changed

2 Likes

They keep claiming that, but nobody seems to have heard of cases like these.

The Cohen’s still claim the original movie was ‘based’ on real events, but they’re clearly ‘havin’ a laugh.’ It’s the Fargo schtick.

Edit: also Noonan, I think you missed what I did there…

Anyone with netflix watched GLOW???
Glamorous ladies of wrestling not a bad series…
Ive watched allseason one.

Good show @swooper

This post was way too long, all you had to do was mention Alison Brie and I was sold.

I noticed it, but didn’t know who Sarah Johnson was…there’s a Sarah Jones (not our one) who was in Vegas (with Michael Chiklis), Texas Rising and Alcatraz, that would cop it dingus-style…netball, no shower, carpark. If you’d mentioned her, I’d have accepted ScarJo being removed from my fantasies.

With regard to the Coens (no ‘h’), yeah, there may well have been incidents like this, but they’ve added a fair bit of mayo…or in this case, tomato ketchup.

And what do you mean ‘victim’? In my fantasies, it’s more than consensual.

1 Like

Loved it, dont mind the slower pace than breaking bad, The storylines and characters are so clever and brilliant. I thought the last episode was a very breaking bad style. I guess Jimmy/Saul himself is a breaking bad story, in itself

Also finished Fargo S3 this week, Fantastic, Fargo and Better call saul easily the top two things on TV at the moment

Patent pending.

I love Fargo - and enjoyed season 3 - but this was the weakest of the 3 in my opinion (by some margin).

Inclined to agree.

OK so I’ve finished it and boy that latest House of Cards season suuuuuucked.

About three or four episodes of content stretched across 13 episodes.

1 Like

Harsh.

Clearly the weakest season, and they need to wrap it all up quick smart, but I thought it still stood up ok. Slow in the middle, but finished pretty strong.