TV show thread (2013-2022)

Just started watching Ozark,

Jesus christ!

3 Likes

Anyone elses other half watch the bachelor/bacherlorette?

My wife is addicted. Cannot believe Sophie Monk is on it. Now ahe is getting desperate.

1 Like

Not in the Heff house.

Been watching a few random things of late.

Ozark - Some impressive work, I’m generally a fan of Jason Bateman and this is no exception. Incorporates some confronting issues, although not quite sure exactly where it will end up - seen about 8 eps or so.

Wynona Earp - Entertaining effort, appears to have been done on the cheap side without a huge amount of thought but very enjoyable as a bit of thoughtless fun. Almost a tongue in cheek at times take of the supernatural genre.

Lucifer - Also entertaining, only 1 season through - seems to have a lot of similarities to Castle. Probably a little too many “trying to be silly in serious moments” moments but still enjoying it overall.

Emerald City - May have mentioned this before - unique adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, found it quite enjoyable, nothing ground breaking but worth a watch.

Defenders - Eh, I’d watched Jess Jones and Iron Fist, took a few eps to get decent, and stayed just decent.

star trek discovery is live on netflix tomorrow. frankly my expectations are in the toilet but i’m crossing my fingers that it will surprise me and do something new and interesting for star trek and turn into an epic 7 season masterpiece.

If anyone has a parks and rec shaped hole in their TV viewing schedule, I would suggest checking out the good place. It starts off a little shaky, but the first season ends on a twist to rival any high budget drama. Also Ted Danson is still terrific.

It seems like netflix is adding new episodes weekly (as they air in the US), which is nice.

Curb back with a bang last night. It was good. Nowhere near their best, but a really solid start.

1 Like

Agreed

Enjoyed the first 2 Star Trek episodes.

its so much better than parks and rec, binged everything thats out last night.

Stumbled onto a show called Angie Tribeca.

Wasn’t expecting much, but if you’re a fan of ‘Zucker Abrahams Zucker’ comedy, you’ll like this.

It’s silly as all hell.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I reckon the main thing that show did for me is highlight how few comedies use visual gags these days (cartoons excluded).

1 Like
2 Likes

Not sure if I should do this because I just read it wasn’t renewed but what I thought was a genuinely good show, Quarry, set in 72 Memphis, Vietnam vet returns to less than welcoming USA, struggles, gets into some trouble, won’t say anymore other than amazing cast, really convincing gritty 70’s atmos, fantastic sound track. Dug this show a lot and was physically hurt by the axing, punch in the guts. That doesn’t happen often, whereas amazing shows getting axed by idiots does.

In the meantime, strange Canadian show called Tin Star with Tim Roth as an alco Brit expat cop, still not sure but worth a look.

And The Sinner with Jessica Biel. That should be enough but pretty intriguing tale as well.

Started watching this last week and I’m pretty much up to date. It’s fantastic. One of the best twists I’ve seen!

On it being for fans of Parks and Rec it may be because one the writers (Megan Amram) is a writer on both.

I watched Quarry. Disappointed it’s one and done. And there’s so much stuff that I hate that gets multiple seasons (2 Broke Girls)

1 Like

…also the showrunner is the same guy.

Foisted! Classic I reckon, I just watched it a second time and laughed more than the first time

I laughed a lot at the dead parriket exchange with Richard, thought that was brilliant. The bride groom discussion was also top notch.

The first time Leon answered the phone as secretary :joy:

2 Likes