TV show thread (2013-2022)

Anyone watched Get Krack!n on ABC?

Girls really push the boundaries last week. Was gagging in front of the TV.

1 Like

I think it’s the best Australian comedy in 20 years.

1 Like

Is it my imagination or was everyone laughing more during their lines than normal in the classic style of improvised curb? Richard Lewis usually does not crack but even he was almost laughing. In fact in that scene when they met in the restaurant, he felt the need to ad lib and explain why he was laughing

Noticed that too. I was thinking to myself that they were so happy being back doing the show they just couldn’t wipe the smiles off their faces.

It was an excellent return.

Yep I noticed it too. Particularly with the Richard scene. And in the Leon scene outside the granny flat Larry was laughing far more than he normally would.

It’s great. As was their “cooking” show

1 Like

I really really liked this episode the second time. I think I was too much in disbelief the first time

Watch Daredevil season 1 & 2, they were great.

Love Lucifer and enjoy Wyonna

Ozark was well done

Have now converted Mrs dingus to Curb. So much so that to fill in the time between episodes we’re binging on seasons 1-8. There is so much to appreciate the 2nd time around.

Possibly GOAT, this show.

Im loving this new season, it’s just typically so absurd, but also typical Larry David in the way he threads the story line. Leon more prominent, definitely Like that. The funkhouser kid / picklejar, LOL! Only Larry David can make that funny

Mr Robot back on today. The first seven mins of the first ep (officially posted on twitter yesterday) basically confirm the suspicion that the the series is about to go full sci fi. @Paul_Peos

Will be interesting.

I like the “alternate reality/mental health” theme they’ve explored so far. Full sci-fi is risky with all the slow reveal work they’ve done building the story so far.

I hope it’s good.

I hope so too. Maybe full sci fi is a bit too strong an assessment, but there is a scene directly before the opening title which is pretty explicit about where th show might be going.

I actually think for this season we should do a seperate spoilers thread for discussion.

2 Likes

I’m not too fussed if it goes all ‘Sci fi,’ as long as you can follow an episode without trawling through reddit looking for the three people on earth who understood it.

1 Like

Not understanding it is what makes it so good. Understanding things is booooooooring

Oh I agree… To a point.

I’m thinking I might watch all of series 2 over again before diving into the 3rd.

Don’t do that. The first ep of the third is absolutely stunning.

[spoiler]Great episode - better than any of the entire last season. What wasn’t to like? It was funny,Portia Doubleday is still stunning, and it contained easily the best Daft Punk song ever (and probably the best song of this decade, IMO).

Looks like we are headed for full time travel / alternative dimensions mode. Right? right? And can someone please just explain to me the significance of the lights going on and off?

Love this show.[/spoiler]

There was certainly enough people watching last year for a spoilers thread, start it up Mr McGahan.

• I haven’t seen it yet, will watch after work.

Good recommendation, Mrs Peos and I binged this over the weekend. (I picked the twist really early though, but it’s probably because I knew there was a twist.)

Absolutely cracking writing, and Kristen Bell’s comic timing is brilliant.

2 Likes