TV show thread (2013-2022)

Jianyu is the best.

3 Likes

I love Stranger Things can’t wait for season 2

Me too. Don’t have Netflix any more, think I will have to rejoin just the watch.

1 Like

I’ve only watched a few episodes, but, Mindhunter (on Netflix) is pretty good so far.

1 Like

Curb has underwhelmed me so far this season unfortunately.

■■■ YES

I genuinely liked the first 2 episodes of this season, 3rd one asaide from salmon rushdie cameo was awful

I thought the first one was good. Second down a level and 3rd down another.

One mate who watches it with me was like you and liked the first two.

One mate didn’t like all 3 and thinks it has jumped the shark.

I will watch every Ep when it comes out, no matter what. Got that much faith in Larry that it will go up a few notches.

Anyone watching Star Trek Discovery? Surprisingly very good so far.

1 Like

Yep, quite dark really. Very enjoyable and the quality is quite high.

Want to (like sci-fi) and don’t want to (don’t like bad sci-fi)…

I’ll give it a look though

I reckon I’ve seen all of 10 episodes of Star Trek in my life and that was during Voyager. Or whichever one had Seven of Nine.

But I’m really enjoying Discovery. I think I’m an episode behind at this point.

way too much of this around.

just because you throw around scientific ideas doesn’t make it good.

It has more of the new movie feel to it than the old Star Trek stuff. The Klingon’s are based on the movie Klingon’s too.

The one good thing this series is tackling is the removal of human attributes focus. Only humans had variations, all other species was uniform and behaved in a uniform way. Now they have variances (as you would normally expect). They also don’t speak much English and when they do it is with a heavy accent (as you would expect).

Found an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm on this morning, and decided l would give it another chance. The episode was about the funeral of a young kid, and the final scene was at his memorial service, for those who know it.

I still find Larry David very unfunny, with all the punchlines to his jokes all too obvious. That is only half as annoying as his character is. In the final scene he just across as rude and obnoxious as well as completely disrespectful. l won’t bother watching him again.

I reckon this is about the 6th or 7th time you’ve posted about how much you don’t like this show.

We get it. You don’t like it. But you’re not going to convince any of us that it’s no good.

2 Likes

In fact, I’d rate it prettyyyy, prettyyyyy, pretty good.

1 Like

Twice that l can recall. l found it on yesterday, so l decided to give it another viewing.