TV show thread (2013-2022)

Discovery is brilliant. It is so far removed from other series’ yet still carries the essential Star Trek vibe. Visually stunning. Great character development and aliens look and move (like second in command) as I imagine they would. The representation of Klingons is great. They look and act like a species to be feared. Wonder if the Borg will ever make an appearance. So much scope there.

Anyway, Netflix are pouring billions (8 next year) in producing original content and you can see through Discovery’s special effects, it’s money well spent.

1 Like

Has anyone been watching The Deuce with James Franco (as identical twin brothers) and Maggie Gylenhaal.

All about the start of the modern pr0n era, around 42nd Street in NYC. I was there in 1983 and 1987 and it was pretty grotty, but apparently Giuliani cleaned it up and it was nothing out of the ordinary in 2010.

Thought the last curb Ep was better than the previous couple

Latest series from the guy that did The Wire. Getting strong reviews, has the same level of immersion apparently.

I know we are supposed to be discussing good TV in here, but man The Walking Dead is a tough show to love. How the writers can fark up such great characters and an awesome premise season after season, is quite extraordinary.

Weirdly enough, Fear the Walking dead had a pretty solid season 3, and is currently the better show. Never thought I’d say that.

1 Like

???

Making my way through the second season of the expanse. Big improvement on season 1 but still patchy and let down by some lightweight acting.

I also find the whole protomolecule stuff kinda blah blah and would much rather it focused purely on the politics of a multi planetary solar system.

1 Like

stranger things s2 is live.

1 Like

That thiller trailer was one of the best things I’ve seen this year

Fear was coming from a very low base

100%
Still really looking forward to the next season

I lost touch with daft Punk after Discovery. Liked Tron though

Yeah, it does have a touch of ‘midichlorians’ about it.

Solid show though, even if Holden’s character is just John Snow in space (John Space.)

1 Like

I think that is giving Holden way too much credit. He’s an awful actor too. I’d quite happily do away with him and leave the English woman in charge

Meanwhile I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by trek.

1 Like

You should listen to Random Access Memories, it’s one of my tavorite albums of all time by any artist.

Do you mean the same writer, or director? If you mean the same writer, then colour me interested. l rate The Wire very highly.

stranger things is going offf

Anyone been watching mindhunter?

1 Like

Yeah finished it all. Really good and can’t wait for Season 2. Love David Fincher’s work.

1 Like