TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’m really enjoying discovery but thought the new episode was kaka

Yeah I didn’t see the point of it. Well I suppose they had to deal with the Mudd guy because you knew he would be back and I am guessing they wanted to relax the Burnham character down a bit and make her more human. Other than that it was really quite a pointless episode. Thankfully next week goes back to the real work.

Enjoyed last nights episode of Discovery. Was a bit of fun, with a bit more character development. The production is so contemporary yet they’ve retained the character of series past

1 Like

ABC2 is being rebranded as a comedy channel post-7:30pm (they can’t afford to lose the daytime kids shows that pull in huge ratings). If it means more new Aussie comedies à la Ronny Chieng, get krackin, rosehaven etc then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

The interviews with Ed Kemper in Mindhunter is the most captivating television I have seen in a while.

The guy playing Ed Kemper plays a straight bat but you can’t take your eyes off him.

3 Likes

Is HARD QUIZ just about the best 30 mins of FTA TV right now …??

Or would it be Gruen?

Hard to split them. Thought the young lass on HQ was going to throw up at the Royal Cheese line!

1 Like

He gets a bit of scope… e.g. “under Prince Charles’ foreskin”.

2 Likes

Just watched the last episode. He got a bit nasty did ol Ed.

I’m only up to episode 6.

It runs at a snails pace but it’s very well crafted.

1 Like

Anyone else seen Preacher?

Great show.

1 Like

Gruen was great tonight.

I find myself watching more and more ABC these days.

And with that statement, I find myself more and more turning into my parents.

Scary.

5 Likes

Finished expanse season 2. Sooo much better than season 1 and really got me in. Still patchy and Holden is a tool but worth a look. Sadly you probably have to sit through season 1 first to have any hope of knowing what is going on

1 Like

Other than live sport does commercial free to air actually have anything worth watching?

That’s a rhetorical question by the way.

Might have to have a look at that one.

If you like you’re sci-fi it’s definitely worth a look and if you allow for the star trek season 1 quality discount you’ll find something to like in it.

I’m also a big bab5 fan and the first season of that is pretty terrible save for about half a dozen key episodes.

Expanse definitely has the scope to achieve what Bab 5 did well before box sets were a thing. Albeit without the galaxy wide focus. It’s far more grounded in our present reality and understanding of physics than b5.

1 Like

I’d never watched Hard Quiz before last night, I was extremely skeptical.

It’s good. Really good

Also speaking of good, Rosehaven is absolutely sensational. Helps if you are deeply in love with Celia Pacquola (as I most definitely am)

4 Likes

Agree with the above. The only broadcast TV I watch these days is Have You Been Paying Attention on 10 and Wednesday night comedies on the ABC,

1 Like

Have You Been Paying Attention is also good.
Ironically - has a few of the original ABC crew.