TV show thread (2013-2022)

I watched Rosehaven last night for the first time.
Enjoyed it too - will have to get the first season for a look.

Couldn’t agree more.
The majority of stuff is just mind numbing.

On Gruen they we’re looking at the the latest piracy ads and analysing why we pirate in the first place. Well lack of content is a start and if the commercial channels do show anything worthwhile - then it is littered with so many ads that it ruins the experience anyway.

Finished stranger things 2 last night. Has a show ever stuck it’s landing better?

Just watched S01E01 of Scrotal Recall / Lovesick - looks promising if you like British humour.

1 Like

Sit back and enjoy, ripping show.

Oh yeah. Latest curb an absolute cracker. Accidentally texting someone on purpose. Classic!!!

Kyle Chandler is a criminally underrated actor

The new Netflix series “Dark” that comes out on the 1st of December looks like another winner.

Intriguing. Will definitely be adding that to the must watch list.

1 Like

Has potential.

I enjoyed Stranger Things but this looks to be a little bit more serious.

I’m not convinced

I thought Cate Blanchett stood out on Carol & Ben Mendelson also rang rings around him on Bloodlines.

Just a bit wooden & has mastered the ‘blank look’ pretty well, at least in both these 2 movies/shows

Anyone tried Rake? Liked the synopsis, then turned it on and realised it was Aussie…

Rake is very good and even better when you get to know the characters.

2 Likes

Rake is excellent. Not the typical Aussie drama.

2 Likes

Watch him as coach Taylor in Friday Night Lights or as the DEA agent in Wolf of WS

Ben Mendelson is an amazing actor though

1 Like

Has anyone seen the Punisher series yet?

Very high IMDB rating!

Like the movie thread. Top 5 tv series

1. Deadwood
  2. The wire
  3. Rome (first sason)*
  4. West Wing
  5. Next Gen/bab5 (I can’t not have a single genre series in here and I can’t split these 2)

Honorable mention to making a murder. i really should bump Rome from the list for the second season and the historical liberties by I just loved the first season to bits.

Think I have to do a separate list for comedy, probably should do a seperate list for genre too

*Totally forgot about GOT, Rome gets bumped

Comedy top 5

1. Seinfeld
  2. Simpsons
  3. The young ones
  4. Fraiser
  5. Family ties

Genre

1. Next Gen
  2. Bab 5
  3. GOT
  4. BUFFY
  5. DS9 but it might be cheating to have two treks so Battlestar Galactica remake. (DS9 probably shades bsg for endurance)

No separate lists! Make a tough call and go for a overall Top 5.

The Wire
Seinfeld
M A S H
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Black Mirror

Extremely unlucky: Frontline, Arrested Development, The Office (UK)

1 Like