TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’d use the movie Gremlins as a rule of thumb. Whatever age you watched it and what age you’d be comfortable for your kids to watch it is probably the same level of scary/gore/violence of stranger things.

Barnz is right, you’ll be fine with the ages of your kids watching it.

1 Like

New season of Black Mirror dropping next week. Hell yes. I’m so ready to be depressed / horrified.

4 Likes

Peaky Blinders.

4 Likes

Watched Godless on netflix.
Western with Jeff Daniels as the villian looking for revenge against a gang member who betrayed him who holes up in a town full of women who lost their husbands in a mine disaster. 7 part series. Really enjoyed it.

Enjoying StartUp thus far.

crypto start up with some gang/mob/fbi ■■■■ thrown in.

Vikings…so good.

1 Like

Manhunt Unabomber is very good.

3 Likes

Chance. Very bingable.

And Hugh Laurie, … Nuff sed.

Just finished Unabomber on Netflix, it was good.

Anyone watched Riviera (SBS on Demand)

Have watched 2 outta 10 episodes, already addicted.

Is the unabomber actor the dude that’s nude in a knights tale?

Just finished Six Feet Under, sporadically watched it on tv on its original run and great to watch it in full, excellent series.

2 Likes

First episode of new Black Mirror (USS Callister) is really good.

1 Like

Indeed. I’ve been into it for about a month now and am totally in love with it. Amazing TV. Really enjoying the politics and incredible characters (especially Omar and Bubbles). The realistic endings (or non-endings) to storylines are great too.

1 Like

Good work. Where are you up to?

The good news is that it gets better as it goes along. General consensus is that seasons 3 and 4 are the best ones (though I also liked all the others).

Is it season 4 that opens up with the purchase of a nail gun?

Whichever season that one is, is farkin incredible.

1 Like

Yep. And focuses on the kids at school.

I have 2 episodes to go to finish the series. It now takes top spot for favorite TV shows ever.

5 Likes

Deep into season 3. Hamsterdam. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the best; absolute top shelf stuff. The characterization is excellent, throughout. l also like the way the technology changes season to season and how the cops work to catch up. Very clever.

1 Like

Two eps to go! You’ll be please to know they really nail the ending too.

2 Likes