TV show thread (2013-2022)

Half way through the new series Romper Stomper - so far really good - shows that locally made productions can be far more than “reality” TV faeces.

David Wenham plays Andrew Bolt!

1 Like

SIX,

Berlin Station.

Chance, As already stated.

And while watching Six, I was reminded of a show from a decade ago based on a soldiers true memoirs of the Iraq war, Generation Kill, so went and found it, and am watching a 2nd time.

Highly highly recomended if you can get it, it’s out there.

For those that want it & cant, PM and I can throw a link if you’ve got a Bit of a Client

Apologies if it’s been talked about but I couldn’t see anything.

Has anyone watched The Leftovers? Watched a couple of eps and it got me, problem is, my partner didn’t get into it, can someone let me know if it’s worth persisting with? Is there anything big in eps 3 - 4 which may get my partner into it?

@Paul_Peos is your man.

2 Likes

If it’s got you already, then it’s most certainly worth persisting with. It is a very slow burn, and the pacing of the first season (particularly the first half of it) is, at times, painfully slow. It does pick up the pace, but never by a considerable margin. It’s a slow show.

It does get mighty friggin weird and wacky though in the last two seasons, which I loved. (Not everybody did though)

As for your partner… I dunno, it seems to be a show that you’re really really into, or you’re really really not. If they can get to the second half of season 1, they might get sucked in.

1 Like

Watching La casa de papel on Netflix, It’s great; in Spanish with subtitles but really well done. It’s about an elaborate robbery and has a few interesting twists.

Thanks man, I already like the weirdness so looks like I’ll enjoy the next couple of seasons…I also find it quite humorous at times with little chuckle moments.

Might force the missus to watch a few more and if it doesn’t click for her I’ll just binge watch it myself. Thanks again.

1 Like

Anyone watching X files?

Have you ever seen Las Nueve Reinas (The Nine Queens) - the Argentinian version of The Sting?

Stars Argentina’s version of Bill Hunter - Ricardo Darín…although he’s been in a lot of Spanish films recently.

You watching Black Mirror?

I’m two episodes in, it’s pretty damn good, but are they all so tame?

Is there anything that farks with your head and stays with you forever, like ‘The entire history of you’ or ‘Shut Up and Dance?’

1 Like

No but it sounds interesting.

Last episode of the season is pretty messed up.

2 Likes

That’s what I wanted to hear.

1 Like

WTF I’m watching episode 12 of La casa de papel right now and The Professor is playing the theme from The Sting on the piano.

We have watched the first 4 so far and episode 3 was the worst for storyline and believability.

Yep. Great to have it back. First episode was a little strange but pretty decent.

1 Like

Believe it or not I’ve only done the first one (USS Callister) so far. It was decent, but probably the most optimistic one outside of San Junipero.

I’m with you - I want unrelenting bleakness where I question humanity and my will to live. Brooker has never let us down before so here’s hoping.

I’m amazed you’ve watched them all already. Because they are always so bleak I normally just can’t handle more than one a week or so. Imagine binge watching Shut up and Dance, White Bear, White Christmas, 15 Million Merits etc. No way you don’t end up jumping off the Westgate.

As soon as I realised it was available I watched all almost back to back a few days ago, I’m addicted to black mirror. Thought metalhead was average really loved uss callister, hang the dj and black museum.

Really enjoyed this season of Black Mirror. For those that have seen the last episode Black Museum and felt a familiarity, perhaps this is why.

Spoilers obviously.