TV show thread (2013-2022)

Holy mother-forking shirt-balls. You have no soul. Also, not mentioning Bell. Shame.

4 Likes

The best laugh of the whole show was from pausing and reading the points from all the good and bad acts.
I wish the rest of the show were that clever.

Binged altered carbon and really liked it. Probably not for everyone though

1 Like

They ran out of ideas pretty quickly. Then it became tedious. Pretty standard trajectory for US sit coms.

Altered carbon was based on the book of the same name by richard k morgan. I haven’t seen the series but the book went into some pretty dark places, was a while ago i read it though

A few who have read the book said it is nearly identical

Watched the first episode, thought it was OK if not slightly boring in the first ep. Will give it some more time.

Really? It totally changed path season 2 and is still great IMO

Does anyone remember a show called The History Man, from a Malcolm Bradbury novel. Set in an English university in the early 70’s, the main player is a sociology lecturer called Howard Kirk, played by Anthony Sher with a fearsome Jewfro.

I just bought the DVD from o/s recently (less than $20). I think this was where I consolidated my views against left-wing fundamentalism. Howard Kirk is an absolute shocker, and I for one am glad I didn’t do a university degree where your essays would be failed if your views disagreed with those of the marker.

But the likes of E12 would regard me as an out-and-out Communist. I despise the outer three-quarters of both wings. The only place is the centre or nearby where you can be fair to everybody.

1 Like

Altered carbon. Binged it. Liked it.

3 Likes

Just finished the two seasons of Good Behaviour. Good series but the finale to season 2 was a little flat. Hoping news of a 3rd season renewal comes soon.

1 Like

Westworld back April 22. Trailer already out

3 Likes

■■■■■ Eye (the website is triggered)

Seriously a good series, pick up some fashion tips aswell

I’ll give The Good Place a thumbs up too.

5 Likes

eat ■■■■ wimm

Just finished altered carbon.

It was pretty good, although underneath the huge budget, high concept, special effects, insane fight sequences, astounding amount of nudity (officer Ortega… Damn, what a body) and sex… Was a rather pedestrian and run-of-the-mill mystery.

I’m glad they are making stuff like this though.

Altered carbon > bladerunner

Rumours of a Seinfeld reboot.

One of the best sitcoms of all time. Prefer they left it alone.

1 Like

I’d have thought Michael Richards’s career was all but over after giving it to those two African-American chappies.

And J-L Dreyfus has better things to do.

1 Like

Yep, don’t know the logistics of it. Hope they don’t go there.