TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’d say he’d be welcomed back. He did Jerry’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and the curb episodes with larry david which suggests Jerry and Larry are happy to work with him. If Jerry wants to do something, a network would let him. I reckon if he came to them with a show based on live human sacrifice, they’d let Jerry do it.

As for Julia, she’s brilliant on her own show Veep. I’d bet if Jerry asked, she’d do it without a seconds thought.

Having said all that. I hope the rumours aren’t true. The original was timeless, and the Curb your enthusiasm tie in was an excellent final taste of the gang.

1 Like

Watching the people v oj. Very entertaining and great performances everywhere. Travolta is hysterical

1 Like

Schwimmer was awesome too.

1 Like

Uncle juice! Rofl

WACO delivered their best epsiode yet

Shameless anyone?

Love it but William H Macy’s character is going from being lovably broken to just one dimensionally evil and unlikable. I’m mid way through Season 3.

2 Likes

Indeed the reunion you have when you’re not having a reunion , That was genius by David

1 Like

Saying that, I love David and curb, but some of the episodes fell very flat this season. He seems to be a parody of himself, playing himself. I think it was better when it felt more like this is really him. Now I think there is almost too much effort in playing himself. Completely lost the dynamic of him and Cheryl was a bad move too

…the ■■■■ is your problem?

Haven’t been in this thread for awhile. Probably for the best if the takes are this bad.

TF, worst Netflix show I’ve started in awhile. Binned after two episodes. There’s a good show trapped inside horrible acting and typically sleep-worthy Netflix pacing. No thank you.

Mindhunter seems good after three eps.

Blade runner is up there with revenant. Visually appealing but as boring as watching paint dry. About 1 hour too long.

Mindhunter is awesome, highly recommend.

1 Like

I really enjoyed mindhunter too

I thought Mindhunter started strong (very strong in fact), but sorta ran out of steam a bit by the end.

I’d still rate it higher than Altered Carbon, although I did like altered carbon.

Ten years ago, both of these shows would probably be considered the absolute peak of television quality, whereas now they can easily get lost within the embarrassment of riches TV now provides.

2 Likes

Tried altered carbon last night, very stylish but way too complicated and hapazzrd plot for me, even 5 minutes in, and it just got worse and more cluttered by the end of ep 1
I will say though it’s astounding how much effort has gone into this production for a tv series

Oh so it’s like pretty much every show on Netflix then.

I think the last Netflix show I liked every episode of was Stranger Things S1. Every single show they make is too slow and 3-4 episodes too long.

2 Likes

Referencing Disjointed, I just watched a second video of Devon Smith, is he the “what not” kid?
I find Dank and Dabby hilarious but I could see people finding them intolerable.

Up to S2Ep3 of Berlin Station…it’s leaving Billions in its wake as a preference.

Getting very interesting. We need more Ester Krug though. She’s hot!

Nothing could be as bad the OA.

My lord… Talk about an interesting premise sliding downwards into the worst finale in history.

It’s at the point where when they put out a trailer for a new show that looks interesting my first thought is “I can’t wait to hate how that finishes”