TV show thread (2013-2022)

FWIW, Altered Carbon actually finishes fairly strong, it actually picks up pace in the back half.

How I imagine every pitch to Netflix goes

“I have this idea for a really tight 4-6 episode show”
“Great, but we need content, so stretch that to 12-14 episodes, with no extra time for writing or additional budget”

2 Likes

yeh I saw ad, and thought nah not for me, But Its really good,

Has a bit of the Famous/five / scoody doo thing about it with teenage kids doing the whole criminal investigation thing, also a bit Dawsons Creek i guess, But it has been done pretty good IMO.
Like having Dylan off Beverley Hills 90210 (Luke Perry) in it as well :slight_smile:, that makes me feel old

Have just finished season 1 and glad that season 2 is ready to start.

Also a little bit of PG eye candy.

Just finished off “Everything Sucks” which was pretty strong. Makes me sad though that now they are making 90’s retro shows. Just another decade older.

For those who haven’t seen “End of the F***ing world” on netflix then get on it immediately. Such a well made dark comedy. Loved it.

3 Likes

Agree on mindhunter. It got less interesting the more they focused on the melodrama and less on the killers, ending felt rushed too.

Still looking forward to season 2. Assuming there is one

I’ve been quite enjoying Britannia. Little bit GOT’y around the time of the second Roman invasion of Britain 90 years after JC (Julius Caesar).

Kelly Reilly and David Morrissey star.

1 Like

Finished Mindhunter. Wasn’t bored for a second. Great show.

5 Likes

One of the better series from last year.

Yeah we were a bit ho hum after the first episode but glad we persevered very watchable. Just started Ozark and about 5 episodes in pretty good, Jason Bateman is a great actor love watching him.

1 Like

ooops

Thankful for any well funded sci fi but the leads were pretty awful. Big Danish dude from The Killing and Neigbours actress out of their depth. Mexican police woman not much chop either. Best actors were the AI Poe and Marc Antony from Rome. Criminally under utilised. Still, nice Blade Runner lite and I hope there’s a second season, cool world building.

This and footy 2 reasons to go on with the nonsense of living for another year. Just need 6 more. Come on Trump impeachment. Come on healthy alcohol drinks.

1 Like

The Wire, 10 years on: ‘We tore the cover off a city and showed the American dream was dead’ | Television & radio | The Guardian

8 Likes

Netflix has rebooted the Lost In Space franchise. The trailer looks pretty impressive.

1 Like

Watched two episodes of House of Lies. One of the worst shows I’ve ever watched.

Watched the first three EPs of altered carbon. None of these characters are interesting, at all. I don’t care who killed the guy, why should I?

Trying very hard to be edgy, failing miserably.

Looks pretty though.

Should be a show about the envoy civil war or whatever that was.

Watched it purely because of this post.

Great show. Great characters. Could go in many directions

2 Likes

It’s a good idea and okay budget wrapped in a boring show.

1 Like

Agree, fantastic show with characters of depth rather than your stereotypical crime drama CSI types. Unexpectedly disturbing at times also. Very much a Silence of the Lambs/Zodiac feel to it.

2 Likes