TV show thread (2013-2022)

Absolutely ethically and morally bankrupt. I gave it more than 2 episodes, but dumped it ages back.

Watching the American version of The Office. Up to where Carell has left, so now I’m just watching it to see what happens, can’t believe they kept it going without him.

1 Like

If that was to be indeed the last episode ever of the X-Files, and all signs are pointing to yes. That was the absolute best way to end it

What did you think @heffsgirl

I have to wait until I’m back in Canberra to watch it. Arghhhhh.

1 Like

Dwight Shrute is my favourite, with Creed another as one of the secondary characters.

The show does peter out a bit after Carell leaves & meanders along probably at least one season too long.

Yeh I’m halfway through the last season now and was watching an episode last night where Dwight got his karate blackbelt. I was thinking “What the hell is this?!”

Prefer UK version, but Carell was pretty awesome in this one.

Anyone tried Foxtel Now with a Chromecast? I’ve previously only watched it on TV through my Xbox One and they don’t support HD streaming on this platform.

I don’t use Chromecast but I got one of those Foxtel Now boxes ($99) precisely because I wanted to watch the footy in HD. Quality is excellent (and far exceeds the non-HD - I don’t get any of that lagging effect when the football moves - helps that our internet at home is fast).

Wow really. Surprised to hear that. Don’t want to buy one on principal. They could just make an Apple TV app but they won’t.

1 Like

Using my Apple TV to stream Foxtel Now from my iPad and it’s working really well. VPN and all!

HDMI lead works fine. Runs smooth and in HD.

New TV will be a smart type so I can ditch that & go to it via WiFi though.

You can airplay everything but footy right?

Assuming you are talking about Foxtel Now, the footy will not play in HD if using a Smart TV app (this is what I was doing through a Samsung Smart TV and why I decided to get the box).

Hmm, . wasn’t aware of that. But I’m not talking about using any app on the telly, … what if you play it from your Laptop, but go into the TV wirelessly instead of HDMI?

AirPlay has been working for footy.

!!!

Wow neat.

I noticed a lot of people in the game day thread seemed to be posting 30 seconds behind the action so I reckon a few people have jumped on.

Have you watched it yet? What did you think?

Yes! Loved and hated it. Will Gillian Anderson come back for another season? They can’t finish the series like that!

Early contender for one of the best shows of the year, The Terror, first episode very good. Excellent cast that reunites Caesar and Brutus from Rome in a similar deFacto father son relationship. Looks a million dollars too, good budget.

2 Likes

This sounds interesting - is it on Netflix or somewhere else? Thanks