TV show thread (2013-2022)

I honestly think that will be the end. I would be amazed if they did another one.

How great was it seeing the smoking man blown away once and for all

1 Like

Checked out Hinterland on Netflix last night. Police procedural set in Wales. Moody and atmospheric with slightly obvious plot and stereotyped characters but worth a look.

AMC via a VPN. No idea if it’s coming to any of the local shills but it’ll certainly be out there in torrent land. Getting raves

Someones been on the dark web. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Had a quick look around but no one else has it at the moment. I did read something that Amazon Prime Video has got the rights to show it when it is able to be released and I noticed recently that Amazon appeared on our Smart TV, so hopefully we’ll see it somewhere. Had a look at the trailer and it looks good.

l saw a few episodes of this one in May last year, and asked about it in here. Great camera work in real locations. l liked the look of it very much.

1 Like

Yesterday’s episode of Atlanta was fkg brilliant and terrifying.

I’ve had the Dickens of a time recently. Bought a pack of BBC serials and movies.

Watched The Pickwick Papers, Martin Chuzzlewit, Great Expectations and currently three quarters of the way through Our Mutual Friend from 1998 starring a young Keeley Hawes, Anna Friel, David Morrissey and Paul McGann.

Also been watching the sixth series of a police procedural on SBS called Spiral (Engagnages). We see so many British, American and even Australian police shows. This one is about a crime unit in downmarket Paris. They’re investigating the dismemberment murder of a policeman in the Cléry district of Paris. It covers the lawyers operating, very, very differently from the English-speaking ones. Very illuminating.

1 Like

So I’ve always had a problem letting go of shows, even when they turn sh*t house. Once I’ve gone 3 seasons on something, then I’ll watch it 'till the bitter end no matter what. I went all the way through with Weeds, hell, I even went with Entourage until the final painful episode. (Thank fark I never got into Dexter from the sounds of things.)

But I’ve finally met my match with The Walking Dead. I hate-watched it for the last few seasons, but I finally reached a point this season where I just thought… Nup. I’m done. I might binge it all one day just to see how it ends, if it ends, but I just can’t do it anymore.

But on the contrary, Homeland season 7 is pretty friggin good.

3 Likes

Twd is an insult to tv. and anyone that continues to watch it has had a lobotomy

1 Like

I tried SOOO hard, but it’s just a friggin sh*tfest. And now, it’s also boring as fark on top of that.

Biggest waste of a great premise in TV history I reckon. In better hands, it could have been one of the greats.

2 Likes

I washed my hands of it when the dude never showed up in Atlanta. Then someone brought me back for the zombies are our friends have this baby episode. Total garbage.

Exactly the same.

I held on, as they said Negan would be great. But the last few seasons have been so boring and repetitive. I’d started having it on as background tv.

Finally gave up at the mid finale. Don’t care about any of the story or characters anymore. It used to be my favourite show. They totally ruined a great show.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s limping along and needs to wrap. Either kill em all off or find a satisfying ending because it’s fallen into a pit and frankly nobody cares anymore.

Negan was a chance to totally reset the show, and they farked it up so much.

He’s a fantastic character, and JDM can mother farking act. The writing and direction just butchered the free hit imo.

I’m still gonna stay with Fear The Walking Dead though. That last season was surprisingly good, although Scott Gimple has apparently gone over to sh*t all over that show too, so who knows?

1 Like

The episode that pretty much lost me was the finale where they did the stupid scene where you don’t see who Negan hit. The next seasons premiere was great, but by then I was sick of it.

They do too many episodes each season. There is soo much filler, people making just dumb decisions. Everything is stretched to the max.

When carol decided she didn’t want to kill anymore I was pretty much done.

As a show it has so much potential. But it’s never seemed to live up to it.

2 Likes

iZombie is a better zombie show.

come @ me.

1 Like

I’m the same, it was like that with Lost for me. You invest so many hours into this show, no matter how bad it gets you can’t seem to give up.

The Walking Dead storyline and characters have become the stupidest people on TV. Before every episode the past few seasons I turn to my wife and say, lets see what stupid decision they make today. It’s like watching action TV from the 80’s, completely dumb character decisions for the sake of drama or padding out plot points. I no longer care about the characters, don’t care if they die or succeed. Sometimes I root for death. “JUST FARKING DIE ALREADY!”. There was a “having a moment” scene a couple episodes back between Carol and Morgan, and I just drifted off day dreaming, I just didn’t care.

After each episode I rant about how ■■■■ the episode was and wonder what the ■■■■ I am doing wasting my time on this show. Yep, I’m a delight to relax with.

It’s like a bunch of 14 year old boys have taken over the script writers room. So right now I’m hate-watching it just waiting for the finale so I can move on with my life!

4 Likes

You’ve gotta let it go. They could drag this out for another 5+ years.

This is the final season isn’t? Jesus it better be!