TV show thread (2013-2022)

I don’t believe so. Unless that was announced very recently?

Wtf, I was sure I heard that. That’s it…I’m out!

Done!

That’s good to hear. Just when I’m ready to give up on it it seems to bounce back. Actually I may missed a season or two but I’ll try and catch up.

No, apparently it’s getting new showrunner, potential time-jump, new characters etc next year.

Too late.

Well I’ve moved over to fear the walking dead, ten times better show…at the moment anyway…

1 Like

Last season was pretty lacklustre, but it surprised me this year. So far anyway.

1 Like

The Poms generally let things go when the time is up. Could have done without the third series of Broadchurch though.

There are so many series I’ve dumped after giving them a fair go. Funny thing about Suits was that the trigger for me dropping it was that Meghan Markle’s character was causing me excessive looseness in the bowels.

Watched the first ep of series 7 of New Girl after dumping it for a couple of years (Schmidt-related trots). Might give it a go again. Zooey never fails.

1 Like

Dropped TWD quite a while ago, watched the first 2 seasons of Santa Clarita Diet, a Netflix series which I found quite entertaining.

Season 3 of The Expanse has started

2 Likes

I have never seen more than a minute or two pf the previews for TWD. From the sound of things here, l am glad l haven’t had TV and a chance to catch up with the show.

On cable here l watched a series of Jo, an Anglo - French cop show with Jean Reno leading a hot shot team. When l say Anglo - French l mean it is set in Paris, but the script is in English. Comme ci, comme ca.

Started binging from Friday on this. Very good series. Solid casting. Just started Lost in Space. Danger Will Robinson! A bit of a twist on the characters I grew up with but keen to see where it goes.

1 Like

Binged the last 6 episodes of Season 4 of Bosch last night. Best season yet, but it was partly based on one of Connelly’s best Bosch books, Angels Flight. When the book was written, the Rodney King riots had just happened…now it’s Black Lives Matter. They transitioned between the two very well.

The other book whose plot lines are in the series is Nine Dragons, set largely in Hong Kong around the time of the handover, with Bosch’s ex-wife being married to a Chinese man and living as a professional poker player in Macao. They’ve had her, played by Australian Sarah Clarke, and his daughter in all four series, which doesn’t match the books. Obviously we’re 20 years on now.

The books are written contemporaneously with Bosch starting in the early nineties as a 40 year old Vietnam vet who used his experiences as a tunnel rat from Cu Chi in the first book, Black Echo. The TV series started with him being someone who fought in the first Gulf War. The most recent books have him at his real age (around 65) but still working as a volunteer detective out in the Valley. Obviously, it will be only the detective parts they will adapt for TV. They’ve already done some of the storyline from Black Echo in Series 3 but left out the tunnel rat business.

It’ll be interesting to see if they adapt The Narrows, which incorporates non-Bosch novels The Poet and Blood Work (filmed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint and Jeff Daniels) into the Bosch storyline, and also if they use his relationship with Mickey Haller, who was played by Matthew McConaughey in The Lincoln Lawyer. That role resuscitated McConaughey’s movie career.

1 Like

I told you all this more than four years ago!

3 Likes

Thank god, I’ve been waiting for this for ages!

Anyone watch new lost in space? It was basically terrible but in a cheesy, entertaining, just enough to keep me watching kinda way.

As mindless, non confrontational, escapism it’s not too bad. It Would be easy to slide into plot hole rage so don’t take it too seriously.

So like the old one?

2 Likes

Also on netflix, the alienist is a quite good watch.

Is that from the Caleb Carr book, set in Chicago in the 19th century? Although I might be thinking of Devil in the White City with the Chicago bit. Alienist is the old word for psychiatrist.

Its in new york. maybe took some liberties.

Might be just my memory. I read the book a long time ago, and because of the time it was set, and about serial killers, may have confused Chicago with New York.

1 Like