TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’ve watched a bit of it. You have described it perfectly.

Idk about the plurality, however this is about trying to find a boykiller .

I’ve never watched the old One. The Le blanc movie was utterly appalling

I’m only four episodes in and they’ve made it very hard for me to like anyone except Dr Smith.

…so yeah like the old one.

Caught up on Billions

What a show. Love it

2 Likes

Really should have watched a recap of the first season of Westworld before watching the first ep of season 2.

1 Like

Best show on telly and no one talks about it.

I was just coming in here to see if that had started yet. I was late to watch season 1, so things are pretty fresh for me.

Settle down.

It is pretty good, though.

I do love how it’s filled with people from other shows.

“Hey look, it’s Brodie from Homeland, talking to Gale from Breaking Bad, while Tara from Sons of Anarchy calls up Errol from True Detective.”

1 Like

I’m binge watching Wentworth now. About 3 eps into season five.

Oddly enough, my sister is the one who turned us on to it. One day she says “Oh I’ve been watching this Australian prison show and it’s really good, you guys should watch it”

1 Like

Billions? Mildly entertaining, but mostly repulsive characters doing ■■■■■■ things. Giamatti is ludicrous. Thinks it’s smarter than it is. Maybe it’s the current political weather over there (and here) but I can’t quite accept rich American turds stroking themselves silly as entertainment anymore. Recently discovered the young Morse prequel series Endeavour. Not usually one for these comfy Brit detective shows but this is really well done, has some depth and, being set in 60’s Oxford is a treat on the eye.

2 Likes

Thought the 1st Ep last night of season 2 was a cracker.
Quality stuff.

Agree 100% on both shows.

Yep. Was ok, but didn’t engage me like the original. Was always going to be a letdown.

Surely it is ■■■■ Winters from Band of Brothers?

It is certainly a watchable show which keeps the pages turning (so to speak), but it is kind of a guilty pleasure. No real depth or relatable (or even likeable) characters.

I’m just itching for them to hurry up with season 4 of Better Call Saul. It and Black Mirror are my two favourite shows which are still being produced (although in the latter case the last season was the weakest yet imo). I’ll watch GoT but it jumped the shark massively.

1 Like

Rubbish.

Damien Lewis was Soames Forsyte in the second run of The Forsyte Saga.

1 Like

The first 3 episodes of Killing Eve have been rather fantastic, and I normally can’t stand Sandra Oh.

I also just started watching The Looming Tower, purely because 3 seasons was nowhere near enough Will McEvoy for me. It’s pretty good so far.

Finally got around to finishing altered carbon. What a pointless waste of a decent concept. N never went anywhere

If you like dark humour, politcal incorrectness and plenty of graphic violence, the series called Happy! by Netflix is a must view.

Available by illegal download of course (or so I’m told!)

It’s the E talking.