TV show thread (2013-2022)

Just watching The Celts on SBS On Demand.

With two of my favourite BBC historians and archaeologists, Neil Oliver (Coast …) and the very attractive Dr Alice Roberts who did a series on man’s origins on each continent.

They could be discovered from about 800BC in a village near Salzburg, and ended up getting chased westward, but without leaving written remains.

Think it’s accepted that Celtic civilizations remain in Brittany (France), Galicia (Spain north-west), Wales, Cornwall, Isle of Man, Ireland and of course wearing green in Glasgow and Boston.

Gunpowder, about the “Guy Fawkes” plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605.

First episode was particularly graphic with a naked middle-aged woman being executed by being crushed under a stone.

Kit Harington (aka Jon Snow) plays the chief plotter, Robert Catesby. Guy Fawkes was just a bit player who was caught guarding the gunpowder the night before. Harington’s mother was a Catesby and a direct descendant of THE Robert Catesby (or his father). A Harington ancestor was tangentially involved in the aftermath. He’s also a direct descendant of Charles II, who became king 55 years later.

Mark Gatiss plays the vile Lord Cecil. He seems to revel in these roles. Perfect man to play Richard III.

Cobra Kai - On Youtube Red…RECOMMENDED

Wax on, wax off

Just finished the 4th and final season of the (original) Bridge. I thought the season overall was excellent and being the last season they resolved plot elements they had brought in last season as well as something they’d introduced in Season 1. That being said, whilst usually the finales of the show have been unpredictable, the endgame of this one was pretty easy to guess a few episodes out.

Just started watching Westworld season 2 , I actually like it but it seems to have gone a bit walking dead

Noooooo why oh why did they do this

Have you watched the original version of the killing?

I would recommend.

1 Like

It’s awesome

I was thinking Lost myself

I am concerned if that continues it may be jumping the shark ie confusion for confusion’s sake

Handmaids tale is brutal.

4 Likes

I dint mind where it is going, They are jumping back and forth a bit and doing a prequel of sorts, but the concept is still OK for me, just all of a sudden gratuitously violent

I didnt realize it’s youtube show. I gotta admit Im going to watch it. I watched about the first 5 minutes post the closing fight scene, and it appears to be so bad it’s. good type show. I hope mister Miagi is still kicking around somewhere

I’ve watched the first two episodes and it’s as confusing as fark. I can cope with a good level of misdirection to provide a pay-off with some form of “Holy fark, didn’t see that coming!” moment, but I couldn’t even tell you if they’ve dropped one yet because it’s jumping all over the place like a bi-polar cat on acid.

Every week this guy does a review on the past episode. He’s excellent explaining things simply and really helps with things you may have missed. It’d be worth watching the past 4 reviews also.

I have got 3 and 4 ready to watch, we will see , but to me it looks like they are giving me the history of how it all came to be, while heading toward a war of some sort. I also think

I suppose I’d better catch up with today’s episode.

I keep getting confused between Peter Abernathy (Dolores’s dad) and James Delos. I saw the Delos actor in a UK show the other day…I think he’s a haggis-eater.

He Dead. Passed away in 2011.

Its definitely not to be taken serious.

1 Like

Archer is back for another season. Love it.

3 Likes

4 episodes into cobra kai. I’m hooked!

2 Likes