TV show thread (2013-2022)

Yeah S2 feels like a big soap opera now. Switched it off.

Barry is a fantastic new show.

Dark social satire peppered with goofy moments. Perfectly cast. Henry Winkler is hilarious

From the mind of Alec Berg (Curb, Silicon Valley)

Must watch

3 Likes

Keen, is it on a streaming service?

So good! Johnny is such a loveable loser

1 Like

Just finished the series. Really enjoyed it. Loved how they switched it up so you were supporting the guy that used to be the bad guy and vice versa

1 Like

Totally agree just watched first 2 eps. Really good show

Just saw Mondays Silicon Valley episode…one of the best. So good. Jared is the best character on TV

It’s HBO

I use a shiver me timbers streaming service

1 Like

Coincidentally Barry looks a lot like Dexter

and Gene looks a lot like the Fonz

1 Like

How good is the Fonz!

Three shows I’m enjoying, each featuring a cast made up of euro and US accents, all set largely in Europe. Counterpart, very cool take on alternate dimension with an espionage plot mostly set in two different Berlins. Patriot, Oz actor in the lead for a very off kilter Wes Anderson style sort of thing -again espionage involved. And Killing Eve, very promising asassin based comedy with plenty of Euro eye candy. Liking it much more than Barry. Special mention, haven’t been able to see any yet, The City and the City based on the excellent China Mieville novel. Seriously good productions out there.

Barry left me a bit bewildered at the end of ep 8. Gone to a dark place.

Haven’t watched it yet.
In fact haven’t been able to watch much over the past few years - kids.

But I have a lot of stuff stored up (many titles courtesy of the good info in this thread) for when (if) I get time again.

It seems like there are a lot of titles out there that start off great but aren’t worth watching by either the end of first season (Netflix stuff sounds like this as they sound drawn out) or it’s the follow up seasons that!s crap.

What have been the titles over the past few years that are worth persevering and which ones should be avoided because they initially suck you in but aren’t worth investing hours of your time into - as by the end it will feel like it was a waste of time?

Jesus Christ did it ever! Fantastic show IMO. The twists made me question what I thought it was. This could be the most dark comedy ever made

Just D/L ing the final episode of The Americans.

It’s been very good, … and is set for a huge finale I’m tipping.

popcorn

I enjoyed the ending…

1 Like

I’m disappointed with the state of free to air tv atm. So much reality tv garbage is made because it is “cheap to make”. Yet we are losing quality aussie tv shows because they reach their “quota” on cheap seasons.

House Husbands
800words
Wonderland

I’m not saying all reality tv is crap. But honestly

• The Bachelor/Bachelorette
  • The Voice
  • Masterchef
  • MKR
  • Love at first sight
  • I’m a celebrity
  • Love Island

To name a few.

1 Like

I’ve just started on tonight’s ABC drama, Mystery Road, starring Aaron Pedersen and Judy Davis, outback noir up in the Kimberleys.

Just started watching Lovesick (aka Scrotal Recall) again.

If you liked the Inbetweeners - it’s a bit like that.

Good fun.

1 Like

Wasn’t quite what I expected, … and if I never here “With or Without You” evr again it will be too soon, … but yeah, . wound up being a more satisfying finish than a lot of shows in the end.

1 Like