TV show thread (2013-2022)

Try Handmaides tale on SBS.

The shows you mentioned belong in the blitz cannon.

Do not do this.

It’s so depressing, without purpose.

I have no idea what is going on in Westworld season 2 and won’t watch it again… for now

Wanting to watch this, however am going overseas in 2 weeks times, and wasn’t worth watching just 2 episodes.

Am sure it will get replayed sometime, so will watch it then.

I think the whole series is streamed on ABC iView.

1 Like

Should have left it at one series.

2 Likes

Could have gone a few different ways, but I think that’s as good as ending as we can expect without making things boring.

Cinematography is spectacular. Filmed at Kununurra and Wyndham.

Ernie Dingo, Deborah Mailman, Harold Blair, Colin Friels also get a guernsey.

1 Like

Well, today’s episode made it all crystal clear…NOT!!!

I gave up, show went to rubbish. 1st Series was awesome

Westworld just as unintelligible again today.

We’ve moved on from the Japanese to the Native Americans. FIIK.

1 Like
  1. why has no one told me about The Office (UK)
  2. why did they only do 14 episodes over 2 seasons then stop
  3. is it worth watching the US version

This show is so funny (yes I’m so behind)

5 Likes

1 IDK

2 Because the Poms never over do stuff. 6 to 8 eps a series is normal, and Gervais & Merchant moved on to bigger things pretty quickly.

3 I hated it initially after watching the UK Vers, … but it grew on me, and yeah, Steve Carrell carries it off as well as anyone could. It rated it’s titz off for most seasons.

4 Yeah, … you really are here … :wink:

3 Likes

It is a masterpiece

1 Like

Billions season finale last night.

Nice finish and build up for next season.

I am worried this is going to turn into GOT (LIKE EVERY OTHER SERIES)

Where you think, ah yeah that character was written out of the series BUT WAIT THE CHARACTER HAS LOOPED BACK IN

2 Likes

lt was talked about here on BBlitx quite a bit, at least the US version was. l tried watching it again recently, and couldn’t, it was so cringeworthy.

Which is cringeworthy? US or UK?

There’s a quote from McKenzie Crook (Gareth Keenan Invitigates) that goes something like:

“I have this recurring nightmare that we decide to film more and they are so bad that we are stripped of the original BAFTA award”.

The thought was that it was so good that it didn’t need to be added to and wouldn’t get any better. The steaming pile of vomit that was the “David Brent: Life on the Road” movie proves this.

Similar level of short-lived perfection as Fawlty Towers for mine.

1 Like

If you like the original UK OFfice, it was pretty heavily developed under the mockumentary lead of People Like Us- which is still one of the funniest shows I’ve seen.

Made perfect sense to me. (Well… I could follow it anyway.)

I absolutely love Westworld.

1 Like