TV show thread (2013-2022)

Just watched Who is America…
I laughed!!
I can’t believe some of them didn’t realise…

1 Like

Didn’t find it funny at all but yeah, still amazing what he can get them to do. I felt like most of the interviewees were just rolling with it, clearly aware of the ridiculous prosthetics and questions. Doesn’t change the fact that you’ll have US sitting politicians laughing at rape jokes and promoting guns for toddlers. Ultimately, just not funny and kind of revolting. So a mirror on the state of affairs.

I’m not sure the gun people knew anything…
I laughed but you’re right, it’s not funny

1 Like

Sharp Objects is a newy mrs TB and I are hooked on. Second ep in and so far pretty good. Some might not see it but I get a strange Se7en feel about it.

1 Like

I’m watching it…only because of Amy Adams.

Patricia Clarkson is annoying me again…after The Bookshop, on recently.

Did anyone else finish The Terror?

Overall I enjoyed it but it was quite haunting.

1 Like

Finished Westworld.

I thought it was okay? I kinda avoided any commentary on it as the season was happening, but I think waiting until you can binge a whole season and ignoring the internet’s take increases the odds of actually enjoying something.

It was good, not great. But not bad. They setup questions and give reasonable answers. I don’t mind it.

1 Like

Yeah, loved it. Watch that and Taboo back to back for some well made, haunting period/supernatural stuff. Also good is the adaptation of the Edward St Aubyn trilogy “Patrick Melrose”. Cumberbatch passion project.

1 Like

Yep, another good one deserving of encouragement for not dumbing down. It would be nice if the Internet didn’t become the place of arbitration by nuffs and bloggers that it has, but everyone has something important to say didn’t ya know? Think it adversely affects show writers, even if only subconsciously.

Well I hope he runs into some gnarly aliens because that looks like utter tosh otherwise. I wonder who plays the president? I’m thinking Cuba G

Gave up on Patrick Melrose halfway through episode 1. I’m totally unsympathetic to druggies, and also self-indulgent tossers like Melrose.

1 Like

That’s a heck of an open mind Alan. It’s a bit like not reading Oscar Wilde because he was an awful ■■■■ who liked snuff. The story goes deeper if you bother to stick with it. I thought much the same reading the books at first but it’s a pretty interesting tale even if it does concern the lifestyles of the rich and degenerate. Many spokes make the wheel etc.

Only so much time, and I can’t be bothered wasting it on druggies.

I thought Wilde was born a shirt-lifter. Not as if he had that much choice about it.

Anyhow, no-one has ever called me closed-minded on some subjects before…and been wrong.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. Sometimes people are weak and fall down, sometimes there are big, dirty, dark reasons. The St Aubyn/Melrose story, without giving away too much, is something like that. There’s some fine actors in it at the very least, I reckon some here would get something from it. Actually quite funny too. Think I’ll save the debates for the politix threadz tho, last from me on this one.

1 Like

This weeks This is America was good.

1 Like

Bit slow on the uptake but have just knocked over Season 1 of The Man in the High Castle. Thought it was excellent and now can’t wait to get started on season 2.

1 Like

Just begun watching it myself, enjoying it. Has a interesting Handmaid Tale feel to it two episodes in.

Also enjoying Red Oaks, comedy set in the 80’s.

1 Like

Is that the North West Passage thing up in the snow etc? I really want to watch it, how were you able to view it. I’ve only got access to the normal platforms, Netflix, Amazon Prime (?) etc
Would love to know, thanks.

Happy! on Netflix. Get on it.

Make sure the kiddies aren’t around when you watch. Might be a little inappropriate for them.