TV show thread (2013-2022)

Whats the name of that show with the Hitman dude that joins the acting classes in LA again?

Also, … finished the 2nd season of GLOW last night. Good show, … Maron is hilarious, … but I’ve always been a fan of his.

I watched it on Amazon Prime video.

Yeah, it’s about the Lost Franklin expedition looking for the north west passage. Great viewing.

Barry. Didn’t know 2nd season of Glow was out. Good show

1 Like

One of my kids gave me the heads up that HBO have greenlit a Deadwood movie!!! About farken time.

4 Likes

Who is America?

It’s on Stan

WOW

Been very little fanfare about it.

I’m 6 (ish) episodes in. It’s as good as season 1.

Agree on Maron.

1 Like

How there could be little fanfare about Alison Brie in a leotard is beyond me

Had high hopes for Sharp Objects.
For me it has seemed to drag and way too many flashback scenes doing my head in.
You never know the show might finish on a high and I may walk away with a different view on it but for now it’s a thumbs down from me.

I gave up last week.

Started on Marcella with Anna Friel, and Killing Eve with Sandra Oh the other day.

Finished Series 2 of Spooks the other day. Only 8 series to go.

Episode 8!

Actually, from the closing seconds of episode 6 to the end of the season was gold. They know how to do a cliffhanger complete with audio sting.

1 Like

Whoever it was that mentioned “The Terror” … thankyou, … owe you a beer.

Loving it.

It’s a ripper. The other one you might like if you haven’t seen it already is Taboo with Tom Hardy. Similar period, similar quality production.

2 Likes

Taboo is excellent.

2 Likes

Good to hear.

Finished The Terror last night. Gonna have a crack at Taboo next.

I know it’s daggy, and predictable, but I really enjoyed All Aussie Adventures last night…

2 Likes

I always felt that Tommy G did that character better as Wallaby Jack on the Late Show.

I think that series was pre Troy Dann’s Outback Adventures wasn’t it? I think that series was primarily the inspiration for AAA

The series was a spoof of Troy Dann, but Tommy G had already established the character, and he re-used most of the Wallaby Jack jokes in AAA

Yeah I do remember that.

Its so dumb, but I defy anyone to watch that episode last night and not get a couple of good laughs.

5 Likes

Been watching Killing Eve.

Really easy and enjoyable!

2 Likes