TV show thread (2013-2022)

It was on in the background at my brother’s place. I saw a couple of things that made me giggle. My nephew was p*ssing himself laughing all the way through.

1 Like

The football, his groin, it works on so many levels

1 Like

Nice backhander.

2 Likes

Ha, it wasn’t meant to be, but in hindsight it sure reads that way.

I saw it as more of a fronthander

2 Likes

I’ve just been watching week by week on ABC. I know it’s available on one of the FTA streaming channels. Only up to ep 2.

Villanelle (the assassin) is pretty good, played by Jodie Comer.

When he “accidentally” bumped that VW combi down the hill and it kept rolling for miles and he said “you’re going that way anyway aren’t you” or something, it killed me.
You’re right, it bugs me that I laugh at it. But I always do.

3 Likes

I think my favourite line from past series is “this is Friar’s Hut, named after the man who built it, Fred Hut”.

3 Likes

The bit with the Aboriginal guy using Google and the platypus bit were the parts that got me.

It is amazing that the same guys who write Utopia also write this. Just goea to show that whether highbrow or lowbrow - funny is funny.

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

AAA was mostly awful. Not sure how whether that’s rosy memories or an actual drop in quality. New (?) theme sucked.

Bizarre bit was the handshake shots — the joke in the original series was that the arms never matched up. If this was meant to be a swerve, it wasn’t very funny. If it wasn’t… WTF?!?

iView has the whole series for binging AN

But I’m binging Spooks. Happy enough to watch each episode as it comes out.

You wash your mouth out son

And I reckon the handshake thing is a set up for later episodes, I have no doubt. There was a mismatched one before the end of the ep.

1 Like

I still can’t believe you of all people watch spooks because I like it too. So that’s two things in common now - you like the savoury shapes best as well lol.

I always like Matthew McFadyen and Keeley Hawes, and cannot believe i missed it when it was on.

But I found out the lead guy in a great recent show, Berlin Station, was in the later series of Spooks.

1 Like

Be afraid, … be very afraid. :smirk:

1 Like

Is this view because you were not happy with the amount of boomerangs? (Ie - zero?)

What are people smoking when they say Mr Robot is good? Dropped that after three episodes. Hot trash.

1 Like